At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering transformative online education in data science, UI/UX design, machine learning, and coding. Our courses may be tech-enabled, but we're ultimately human-centric: each student taps into a vast community throughout their time with us, engaging with fellow students, industry-expert mentors, student advisors, and career coaches, the goal of which is to successfully transition students into their dream job. Through this hybrid approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives, with hundreds of top-notch job offers received every year and a near-perfect placement rate for our program graduates.
Please note: we are currently at capacity for Data Science Mentors. However, we'd still love to connect with you! By applying to this role, you will be added to our Data Science Course Mentor waitlist. We will contact you as soon as we re-open our hiring process.
Springboard runs online, self-paced, Python- and R-based Data Science workshops in which participants learn with the help of a curated curriculum and 1-1 guidance from an expert mentor.
Our mentor community - the biggest strength of our programs - comprises experts from the best organizations in the world. Our mentors range from data scientists and researchers at premier companies (Uber, Pandora, LinkedIn, Apple) to a wide variety of top-notch startups and consulting firms.
If you are as passionate about mentoring as you are about Data Science, and can give a few hours per week in return for an honorarium, we would love to hear from you.
- Completely online
- Most are designed to be complete in 3-6 months or less, depending on the course
- Participants in this course are working professionals and college students from all over the world, interested in getting started with data science.
- Participants learn about Data Science with the help of a curated online curriculum and a personal mentor. They go through the curriculum at their own pace and have a weekly 30-minute checkin with their mentor to discuss questions, projects, and career advice!
- Students communicate with mentors outside of calls on an as-needed basis to support learning and career objectives
- Are as passionate about teaching Data Science as you are about Data Science itself
- Are that rare combination of programming, statistics and storytelling skills
- Are proficient in the curriculum topics of at least one of our programs: Data Science Career Prep and/or Data Science Career Track (taught in Python)
- Are available for weekly, 30-minute video check-ins for each student to help them set and achieve learning goals, provide feedback, and help them move towards getting a job
- Are available outside of weekly calls for each student to review projects and answer questions as needed
- Have at least 2 years of experience solving real-life data science problems, and are comfortable working with large data sets
- Are empathetic and have excellent communication skills
- Membership in a rich community of expert mentors from great companies like Apple, Uber, and Pandora
- Change the lives of students in our program
- Help us revolutionize online education!
- Receive a monthly per-student honorarium
- Work at your convenience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Springboard is required to inform California residents who are job applicants about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. This notice
contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.