Please note: we are currently at capacity for Software Engineering Mentors. However, we’d still love to connect with you! By applying to this role, you will be added to our Software Engineering Course Mentor waitlist. We will contact you as soon as we re-open our hiring process.
Springboard runs an online Software Engineering Career Track Bootcamp in which participants learn with the help of a case-study-based curriculum and 1-1 guidance from an expert mentor.
Springboard has recently established some exciting partnerships that are set to kick off in the beginning of 2023 like our most recent partnerships with Amazon and Walmart! These partnerships are available for upskilling and reskilling, and offer customized, company-specific projects to provide employees with the most up-to-date skill sets to drive business impact through contextualized and company-specific learning.
We are currently focused on seeking Software Engineers with proficient skills in front end development for these upcoming launches. Don’t worry if that’s not your strongest, we are hiring across all of our Software Engineering courses.
We are looking for individuals that are passionate about mentoring as you are about Software Engineering, and can give a few hours per week in return for an honorarium, we would love to hear from you.
Questions? Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completely online and self-paced
- Students become proficient in Software Engineering with the help of a curated online curriculum and project-based deliverables
- Coursework is made up of 800+ hour expert-curated curriculum in partnership with Rithm School
- Students are working professionals from all over the world, dedicated to switching careers into Software Engineering
- Students have a weekly 30-minute checkin with their mentor to discuss questions, projects, and career advice!
- Students communicate with mentors outside of calls on an as-needed basis to support learning and career objectives
- Are as passionate about teaching coding as about software engineering itself
- Knowledge in best practices for creating Dynamic Websites
- Have at least 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Are available for weekly, 30-minute video check-ins for each student to help them set and achieve learning goals, provide feedback, and help them move towards getting a job
- Are able to utilize Zoom for the 30-minute calls with students
- Are available outside of weekly calls for each student to review projects and answer questions as needed
- Have experience critiquing work, in particular giving meaningful feedback on web development, and are able to think on your feet quickly
- Are empathetic and have excellent communication skills
- Bonus points if you know American Sign Language (ASL)
- Software Engineering mentors are paid an honorarium between $17.50-$32.50 per 30 minute call with students
- Membership in a rich community of expert mentors from great companies like AirBnB, Uber, Google, and Pivotal
- Change the lives of students in our program
- Help us revolutionize online education and inspire the next generation of software engineers!
- Work at your convenience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.