Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $850 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 725,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do
In this newly created role, you will join a collaborative financial and accounting team that is cross trained to serve the various business functions. Your ability to build meaningful relationships, deliver insightful financial analysis, and accurate and timely reporting will bring a positive impact on the decisions made by leaders and colleagues alike.
The ideal candidate will work effectively with internal business partners and cross-functional teams, possess strong communication skills, have the ability to shift gears and be adaptive, and enjoy the challenges of working for a high-growth technology company. The successful candidate will have a passion for providing data-based decision making and a desire to innovate, ask the right questions, and propose solutions.
The Financial Analyst will support financial analysis, forecasting, reporting and operational support activities for the company. The role will be focused on performance management, providing insights to business partners and managing projects to optimize business processes. The role will also provide modeling support and analysis to assist management with understanding business drivers, trends and KPIs. This position plays an important, highly visibility role in daily operations and strategic decision making at Spotter.
- Build and update sophisticated in-depth financial models from scratch to enable business planning and decision-making. Supports the company-wide forecast by developing a detailed understanding of our business models and evaluating the key drivers that impact revenue.
- Support the preparation of department, portfolio, and consolidated corporate financial reporting with variance analysis (actuals vs. budget and forecast) and explanations that provide business insights on financial performance to internal and external customers and management.
- Prepare business review presentations, the annual budget presentation, and board support documents for internal and external publication.
- Help create and ensure timely delivery of monthly reporting packages to investors.
- Work cross-functionally across departments including Analytics, Partnerships, and Ad Sales on multiple projects supporting investor reporting, portfolio performance analyses, and other assignments as requested.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Finance or Accounting with 2+ years of investment banking experience or finance experience at a high-growth startup or Fortune 500 tech company
- Finance and Accounting background with significant financial modeling experience and exposure to financial statements reporting, variance analysis, data analysis, forecasting and budgeting.
- Self-motivated team player with strong ability to interact with others.
- Learning agility, intellectual curiosity, and adaptability in assuming new responsibilities and handling unfamiliar material.
- Strong knowledge of financial systems and high level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and able to handle a high work volume.
- Experience with financial and ERP systems such as NetSuite, Salesforce, PowerBI an added plus.
- Foundational knowledge of the YouTube or Content Creator industry.
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Complimentary gym access
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Culver City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $75-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.