Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $850 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 725,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
Spotter Labs is a group within our Creator Tools department that rapidly creates mini-applications designed to help our funded creators. These applications typically solve a part of the creator workflow and use Generative AI including LLMs and diffusion models.
What You’ll Do:
In this newly created position, we are looking to identify a Head of Spotter Labs to join our state-of-the-art Product team. This individual will help us infuse AI into our next generation of creator tools and insights. This job will require an imaginative, fast-paced product leader who can build products from 0 to 1 and find product/market fit with magical experiences for our funded creators.
This position is based in our Culver City HQ and reports into our EVP of Creator Products and Tools.
- Tailor your intuition for what will make a simple, powerful and valuable Labs mini-application by obsessing about the needs and current workflow of our creator customer and by rapidly learning about our industry, and our business.
- Work with our customers, executives, PMs, UX Researchers and Designers to develop and prioritize a backlog of mini-application experiments by using the latest in Generative AI, Spotter’s unique data set, and/or YouTube content and storytelling.
- Bring the mini-application experiments to life in Labs, capturing qualitative and quantitative feedback, until they are ready to be promoted to Studio. This is both hands on and management. To do this you will personally act as PM for some experiments, while having additional PMs create other experiments.
- Interact directly with our beta testers, obsessing about their success and outcomes using Spotter Labs.
- Stay up to date on advancements in UX, AI and LLM technology, applying relevant findings to your work.
Who You Are:
You will have a deep passion and background with proven success in creating workflow applications with simple but powerful user experiences. You are passionate about Generative AI like GPT and Stable Diffusion, eagerly learning about every new discovery, and a desire to closely work alongside the world’s most sophisticated and successful YouTubers (and their teams) to co-develop amazing software solutions together.
- 5+ years work experience in Product Management and building digital applications that leverage Product-Led Growth, including creating new, successful, digital businesses or products from scratch.
- Intensely curious about Generative AI, using them every day for work and fun, staying up to date on advances and changes — and you love it!
- Thrive in chaotic, fast-paced environments where problems and desired customer outcomes are defined, but solutions are not.
- Founder’s mindset and creative hacker’s spirit, yet also excited to work at a larger company doing intrapreneurship.
- Proven ability to lead a small team. You will have a few direct reports while leading PMs as well as cross-functional teams and working alongside other teams - Analytics, Product Engineering, Data Engineering, Community and Partnerships who work with our creators 1x1, and other Product groups.
- You make ambiguous problems clear and identify core principles that can translate across scenarios.
- Early hire or prior founder of a successful technology company.
- Passion for and prior experience working with creatives - writers, screenwriters, musicians, creators, etc.
- Computer science background.
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Complimentary gym access
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Culver City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.