Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $850 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 725,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
*This position can be based in our Culver City, CA office, or remote anywhere in the United States.
What You’ll Do
We are seeking a highly skilled, hands-on Software Architect to support our technical team. The successful candidate will not only design top-tier software solutions and make vital decisions regarding their implementation, but will also take an active role in coding and other development processes. You should have experience designing distributed systems, a strong knowledge of microservices architecture, and be familiar with both front-end and back-end technologies.
- Design and architect scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems that meet business requirements.
- Make high-level design choices and dictate technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms.
- Develop architectural and design principles to improve performance, capacity, and scalability of products.
- Lead and mentor the development team to ensure implementation is aligned with design principles.
- Create proof of concept (POC) prototypes to demonstrate the viability of chosen solutions.
- Contribute directly to coding and development tasks when required, ensuring hands-on familiarity with our products.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders about system architecture, design decisions, and project status.
- Identify and mitigate existing business risks associated with solution architecture.
- Review the development team’s work, ensuring design principles are followed, and consistency with architectural vision is maintained.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends and technologies.
- Ensure robust testing, continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD), monitoring, and observability practices are in place.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Proven experience as a Software Architect.
- Hands-on experience in both front-end and back-end development.
- Experience in designing, developing, and delivering software in distributed systems environments.
- Extensive knowledge of microservices architecture.
- Strong understanding of databases, software development lifecycle, and software design.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and A/B testing methodologies.
- Strong decision-making skills with a knack for choosing technologies that fit project requirements.
- Familiarity with testing methodologies, CI/CD processes, and system monitoring and observability.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Certifications related to software architecture or specific programming languages.
- Knowledge of and experience with DevOps practices.
- Prior experience in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
Join us in our pursuit of creating cutting-edge software solutions in an environment that values collaboration, curiosity, and innovation. If you are a passionate professional eager to take the next step in your career, we'd love to hear from you.
- Medical insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Complimentary gym access
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Culver City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.