Summary of position
The Salesforce Administrator will lead the ongoing development of our Salesforce.com deployment. The successful candidate will have a record of success in improving processes and adoption using the Force.com platform. The administrator will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify, develop and deploy new business processes including: Fundraising, Marketing, Outreach and our core program business processes. This role is part technical project manager, part administrator and part Salesforce analyst. The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for the executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform.
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce environment with 1,000+ users
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the Lead through Opportunity Sales processes.
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows (process builder), validation rules and other routine tasks.
- Determine strategy and implement process for duplicate data management.
- Ability to define, implement and manage profiles and roles based on requirements from Sales leadership
- Ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, page layouts and other content of intermediate complexity.
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades.
- Manage Salesforce data feeds, AppExchange applications and other 3rd party integrations
- Fulfill the Business Analyst function for all things Salesforce and coordinate the evaluation, scoping and completion of new development requests.
- Work with our institutional management team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Assist in training of new users and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization – work with Leadership to drive adoption.
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors and the application development team.
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- Minimum two years of experience as a Salesforce.com administrator
- Salesforce.com Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certified
- Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Developer certifications preferred
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Strong data management abilities
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Experience with nonprofit processes preferred
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment preferred