Manual QA Engineer
SpotOn was built to help small businesses compete and win with intuitive software, point-of-sale (POS), and payment solutions. We are committed to supporting businesses at the heart of our communities with the software and payment solutions they need, supported by local and personal service, and delivered at a fair price. We believe that business is personal and our clients—big or small, national or local—should never be on their own. We are right beside them, delivering the future technology they need, today and every day.
Today, SpotOn is one of the fastest growing companies in fin-tech. We recently secured $300M in our Series E funding and have a company valuation of $3.15B. (Woohoo, Tech Unicorn Status!) Also, with our recent acquisition of Appetize, we have expanded the reach of our technology into many larger enterprises. Our work, service, and employees speak for themselves when it comes to merchant satisfaction.
As the leader of our Support and Manual QA teams you will be the vital link between customers and engineering, ensuring we provide a high-touch, technical, helping hand to customers in need of Tier 3 support and making sure the complicated specifics of our systems don't end up in customer hands.
With an eye toward the customer and a penchant for detail you will work with Senior leaders to improve QA and Support policies and procedures. As a scaling business we are constantly evolving, adding new features, products, and teams to improve our ability to help customers compete and win. Your goal is to ensure they only know one thing about the insides of SpotOn: Quality.
- Implement your playbook for continuous improvements across multiple teams using metrics, data, feedback, and your team
- Guide the growth of your team with mentoring, training, and performance management
- Directly manage a team of Support Managers, QA Managers, and high performing ICs
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering Leadership to improve velocity and reliability of feature deployments
- Leverage support teams to understand customer experiences, pain points and priorities then turn around and use this data for ever-evolving (and better!) test plans
- Create training materials and processes to ensure new features are old news for our teams by the time a customer asks
- Stay on top of the latest and/or greatest (ideally both) QA testing strategies and tools
- Iterate on and implement new strategies to decrease the time to customer issue resolution
What you will bring:
- 5+ years leading teams in Quality Assurance or Tier 3 Support
- 10+ years work in QA or Support function (Payments or Fintech experience a plus!)
- Strong track record of hiring and developing technical teams
- A bias towards action while remaining inclusive
- Demonstrated ability to create environments where employees can experiment, learn, fail, and improve safely
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- An analytical and metrics driven work style that leverages data to make informed decisions
- Desire to learn and grow your career and those you supervise
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the Fintech, Restaurant, or SMB space
- Previous experience growing teams at Startups or small/medium companies
- A cool magic trick, great go-to joke, or other party trick (not required at all but again, nice to have!)
Here’s a bit about what we have to offer!
- Our base pay range starts at $180,000 -$225,000 for this role. Please note the salary range listed is just one component of a competitive compensation package which includes a company stock plan. Offers will be reflective of the candidate’s location and experience.
- We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits plus 401k benefits as a full-time employee
- Paid vacation, holiday & sick time
- A fast-growing company with opportunities to advance
- An opportunity to build products used by tens of millions of customers
Health, dental, and vision care insurance vary from location
- Competitive salary
- Collaborative environment
- Fast-growing company with opportunities to advance
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.