SpotOn is a fast-growing payments, marketing, and loyalty platform. We have built easy-to-use tools for businesses to increase revenue and connect them with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, and data analytics. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighbourhood stores, independent retailers, and other small businesses. We have our service deployed in many cities across the U.S. and Mexico.
As an Android Software Engineer at SpotOn, you’ll be tasked with development and maintenance of our Android tablet and mobile phone applications which face thousands of customers and merchants on a daily basis.
We strongly believe in helping each other, asking questions, and welcoming new developers. Being part of a software team should never be a struggle; we are looking for someone who shares that spirit.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be Able To
- Design and development of apps for Android in Kotlin and JAVA with Google Jetpack.
- Follow Google user interface guidelines and principles of material design.
- Ensure performance and maintainability of the apps.
- Code review and guidance to other team members to make sure code quality is as desired.
- Researching new frameworks and adapting the best of them in app development.
What You’ll Need
- 6+ years of Android development experience
- Expert knowledge of Kotlin and JAVA with Jetpack libraries.
- Expert knowledge of Architectural patterns like MVC, MVVM and Uncle Bob Clean Architecture.
- Expert understanding of Android runtime model.
- Experience with offline caching, threading and task management.
- Experience with object oriented design patterns.
- Experience with push notifications and Firebase or other similar PaaS systems.
- An Eye for design details, following pixel perfect designs.
- Experience with 3rd party libraries like okhttp, volley, Soket.io, Realm, Firebase, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, RX Kotlin/JAVA.
- Team management skills.
Here’s a bit about what we have to offer:
- Fully paid healthcare insurance (Mediclaim)
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation Package
- Company Stock options
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.