SpotOn is a cutting-edge software company dedicated to redefining the merchant services industry. SpotOn combines payment processing with customer engagement and business management solutions, giving small and medium businesses the data and tools they need to run and grow their business. Our tools increase revenue and connect businesses with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, website building, and data analytics. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighbourhood stores, independent retailers, and other small to midsize businesses. We have our service deployed in many cities across the U.S. and Mexico.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Modify existing software to implement new features, correct errors, and improve performance
- Confer with systems analysts, developers, programmers, and others to design systems and to obtain information on project limitations, capabilities, and performance requirements (be proactively involved in the process and assist in identification of quality improvements)
- Manage risks and issues with the software development lifecycle, collaborate with project management team and ensure all testing and reviews are properly scheduled and conducted
- Participate in code reviews, mentor other developers, ensure consistency, quality, and best practices in order to ensure compliance.
What skill are we searching for?
- 3+ years of real-world experience with modern Python
- Experience in at least one of the modern Python frameworks – Django, FastAPI, Asyncio, Flask.
- Experience building and consuming APIs that drive complex systems
- Using CI/CD processes on a daily basis
- Knowledge of Python idioms and design patterns
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies – preferably Scrum
- Understanding the end-to-end delivery of software to users
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (min. B2 level)
Perfect candidate also has:
- SQL Database skills – You should enjoy working with SQL and be eager to get your hands on a dataset and do cool stuff
- Familiarity with DevOps technologies: Terraform, Kubernetes, Ansible, and AWS
Here’s a bit about what we have to offer:
- Competitive pay: 20000-28000 PLN net on b2b; 18000-24000 PLN gross on CoE
- Training budget 3000 PLN gross per year
- Access to e-learning platforms (O’Reilly, LinkedIn Learning)
- Fully paid private healthcare in LuxMed
- Access to the Worksmile platform with a monthly top-up
- Company free breakfasts/lunches in the office once a week
- Group English classes with a native speaker
- New Macbook Pro or Dell XPS, 4K monitors.. whatever tools you need
- Flexible working hours
- New, modern, bright and comfortable office space in the city centre
- A lot of free parking spots around the office
- Access to the company’s library
- Great working atmosphere
- Chill out room with a PlayStation, and mini gym
- Free snacks and beverages in a kitchen
- Company parties and social activities
- Employee referral program
- Relocation Package within Poland
The controller of your personal data included in your job offer and others collected during the recruitment process is SpotOn Poland spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością with its registered office in Kraków, Aleja 29 listopada 20, 31-401 Kraków, e-mail address:
firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your personal data for the purpose of current or, if you voluntarily agree, also future recruitment processes. More information about how we proccess your data, including the basis for processing and your rights in relation to the processing, can be found on our website: https://pl.spoton.com/privacy-and-cookies-policy.
Administratorem podanych danych osobowych, w tym danych zawartych w dokumentach aplikacyjnych i zebranych w toku procesu rekrutacji, jest SpotOn Poland Sp. z o.o. z siedzibą w Krakowie (ul. Aleja 29 listopada 20, 31-401 Kraków; adres e-mail do kontaktu:
email@example.com. Dane osobowe będą przetwarzane w celu realizacji obecnych lub – jeżeli wyrazisz na to dobrowolną zgodę – także przyszłych procesów rekrutacji. Więcej informacji o tym, jak przetwarzamy Twoje dane, w tym także informacje o podstawach prawnych przetwarzania oraz o prawach przysługujących Ci w związku z przetwarzaniem danych, znajdziesz na stronie: