SpotOn’s IT Facilities and Purchasing Representative works with Vendors to ensure our offices, warehouses, and remote Workers have the tools and services they need and all charges are appropriate. This role will be the primary contact for all vendors, and will be responsible for price negotiations, comparison of delivery terms, establishing order quantities and coordinating deliveries.
- Evaluate Vendors on the basis of the price, quality, and speed of delivery of their products and services
- Coordinate with Vendors from new services through repairs and terminations
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other information to determine reasonable prices
- Review and approve invoices from Vendors
- Meet with Staff and Vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
- Maintain and review records of items/services bought, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories
- Develop and manage a system for tracking all contracts with vendors and reviewing and responding to renewal events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Good mathematical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Knowledge of IT hardware, software and services
- Proficient with Google Workspace Apps (Docs, Sheets, and Drive)
- 2+ years in a facilities role with purchasing responsibilities
- Experience developing RFPs a plus
- High school diploma
- College degree preferred
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) preferred
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position a minimum of 50% of the work day
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Occasionally lifts and carries equipment in the office weighing up to 20 pounds
- Occasional travel to various office locations throughout the US and Mexico as needed.