Business Analyst, Restaurant Software
This is a full-time role, Remote (Chicago, IL Preferred)
SpotOn creates software and payments solutions that redefine how small businesses and restaurants operate to grow and achieve success. We are one of the fastest growing companies in fin-tech and have received over $100MM in VC funding in 2020. Our platform of products combined with a concierge service team, deliver a world-class customer experience to business owners and their team.
We build easy-to-use tools for businesses that empower them to more easily succeed as well as weave rich connections with their customers. SpotOn’s platform offers loyalty, online reviews, and data analytics in conjunction with cutting edge POS systems and payment applications. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and small to mid-sized chains.
As a Business Analyst at SpotOn, you will work closely with our Restaurant Product team to collect, collate and translate business requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria that can be built into quality software by our development teams. You will be an active thought partner and subject matter expert, deeply involved in new projects that provide our customers with an unmatched set of products and services. This is an immensely important role for our customers as it will interact with many teams across our products and ensure we are able to build the highest quality software at pace.
You must possess a unique blend of business, technical expertise and analytical skills. You will collaborate closely with designers, product managers, engineers, QA and other cross-functional team members within the organization to build products that delight our users.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including Sales, Support, Product, Development, QA and directly with customers to gather and determine a project’s requirements
- Translate project requirements to technical requirements and user stories with detailed acceptance criteria
- Focus on core customer need to ensure maximum customer and commercial benefit
- Support the development of processes and documentation in order to continually enhance the overall service to our customers
- Hypothesize, measure and learn. Continuously collect, test and leverage data and insights to inform your decisions
- 2+ years of Business Analyst / Associate Product Management experience or equivalent
- Experience delivering complex, powerful products that are made simple for users, delivering successful results
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development, writing use cases, user stories and detailed acceptance criteria
- Driven by analytics and metrics, leveraging data to make informed decisions
- Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to prioritize. Able to organize and articulate complex technology concepts to diverse stakeholders
… then here’s a bit about what we have to offer!
- Flexible working schedule
- Full medical, dental, vision and paid vacation & sick time
- Fast-growing company with opportunities to advance
- 401K with matching
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law