Senior Android Engineer
This is a full-time role in Krakow, Poland
SpotOn is a fast-growing payments, marketing, and loyalty platform. We have built easy-to-use tools for businesses to increase revenue and connect them with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, and data analytics. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and other small businesses. We have our service deployed in many cities across the U.S. and Mexico.
As an Android Software Engineer at SpotOn, you’ll be tasked with development and maintenance of our Android tablet and mobile phone applications which face thousands of customers and merchants on a daily basis.
We strongly believe in helping each other, asking questions, and welcoming new developers. Being part of a software team should never be a struggle; we are looking for someone who shares that spirit.
If this describes you...
- Have 3 or more years of recent Android development experience. Ability to show code snippets and/or open-source projects are bonus points!
- Bachelors in Computer Science plus five years of work experience or Masters in Computer Science plus two years of experience.
- Fluency in Kotlin (the language we use)
- If you want to learn modern Android and programming toolkits and best practices, including:
- Clean Architecture
- Test Driven Development
- MVVM, MVP and MVI architectural patterns
- Activities, Fragments and communication between them
- Views&Layouts - ConstraintLayout, ViewGroup, lifecycle of view
- Coroutines and threading
- Dependency Injection
- Familiar with RESTful APIs and WebSockets and how to use them from Kotlin-based Android applications
- Experience working in small teams and with version control systems (and if that’s Git, even better!)
... then here’s a bit about what we have to offer
- Premium Medicover
- Cafeteria Card
- Work with awesome engineers from around the world
- New Macbooks, 4K monitors.. whatever tools you need!
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.