At SpotOn, we’re helping small businesses and restaurants compete and win with technology to better connect with their customers. Think marketing software, website development, e-commerce, reservations, online ordering, digital loyalty, review management, and both retail and restaurant point-of-sale (POS) solutions.
Recently, SpotOn has:
- Raised $300M in Series F funding (valuing SpotOn at $3.6 Billion)
- Earned awards for Great Places to Work and Built In’s Best Places to Work
- Earned award for Inc’s Fastest Growing Company in 2023
- Rated the top-rated point-of-sale (POS) for Restaurants, Bars, Retail, and Small Business by Capterra users
- Helped local businesses succeed with technology and support to battle through the labor shortage while also helping their employees earn more.
This year, we’re going even bigger—caring hard and moving fast down the path of high growth and positive impact.
That’s where you come in.
Our Shared Services Engineering group is focused on building world-class shared products and platforms that help drive our Point-of-Sale solutions. Products and services in this area include Merchant Dashboard, Teamwork (Labor), Marketing.ai, customer service, loyalty, and much more! You will work on building and supporting high availability, real time systems that are the secret sauce to providing a competitive edge to our customer base.
As a Staff Fullstack Software Engineer you are a leader who can operate across multiple teams to solve problems that hamper our overall success. Whether it’s working directly with developers on their architecture or influencing broader system design you are able to keep an eye on our North Star and guide everyone toward those goals. We are solving problems of scale in a rapidly changing environment to help small businesses compete and win.
- Drive technical vision for an engineering team, aligning with company-wide strategies and goals.
- Lead the design and development of robust, scalable, web applications.
- Create innovative solutions using the latest technologies and tools for front and back end development.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to define product direction and to deliver complex applications.
- Conduct thorough code reviews and provide constructive feedback to ensure high-quality code.
- Mentor and guide junior and mid-level engineers, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Act as a liaison between the technical team and non-technical stakeholders, effectively communicating technical constraints and solutions.
Research shows that women and members of underrepresented groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every box on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and if this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field or experience.
- 8+ years of professional experience in backend web and API development with PHP.
- Proficiency writing modern PHP(7+) and working modern PHP frameworks (Laravel preferred).
- Solid understanding of web technologies and W3C standards, as well as experience with responsive/adaptive design and browser APIs.
- Experience migrating monolithic PHP applications to RESTful APIs with many consumers
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Proficiency in TypeScript.
- Deep understanding of performance optimization, caching, and security considerations.
- Experience with UI/UX design.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and strong ability for abstract thinking.
- Display a high degree of ownership and caring for solving high value problems.
- Experience working in high performing SaaS companies.
- Experience in fintech / payments is nice to have
- Our base pay range is $148,100 -$273,100 for this role
- Please note the salary range listed is just one component of a competitive compensation package which includes a company stock plan
- Offers will be reflective of the candidate’s location and experience.
SpotOn is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
SpotOn is an e-verify company.