At SpotOn, we’re helping small businesses and restaurants compete and win with technology to better connect with their customers. Think marketing software, website development, e-commerce, reservations, online ordering, digital loyalty, review management, and both retail and restaurant point-of-sale (POS) solutions.
Recently, SpotOn has:
- Raised $300M in Series F funding (valuing SpotOn at $3.6 Billion)
- Earned awards for Great Places to Work and Built In’s Best Places to Work
- Earned award for Inc’s Fastest Growing Company in 2023
- Rated the top-rated point-of-sale (POS) for Restaurants, Bars, Retail, and Small Business by Capterra users
- Helped local businesses succeed with technology and support to battle through the labor shortage while also helping their employees earn more.
This year, we’re going even bigger—caring hard and moving fast down the path of high growth and positive impact.
That’s where you come in.
This Senior Software Engineer will design, development, and upkeep of our high-velocity data processing and analytics systems within our Reporting & Analytics application. These systems tackle the management of large volumes of data and provide valuable insights to merchants.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter who values ownership, organization, and the thrill of building robust, highly available, and redundant systems. As an integral part of our team, you will contribute to writing API endpoints, writing & optimizing SQL, helping to manage the infrastructure of the reporting application, writing Terraform scripts, and ensuring the scalability and redundancy of our infrastructure.
- Design, develop, and maintain efficient, reliable, and scalable code.
- Implement, test, and debug both new and existing software systems/applications.
- Contribute to the development and design process of our new analytics platform, while also maintaining our legacy analytics application.
- Manage ETL processes, working with substantial data volumes in a real-time environment.
- Foster a culture of learning and teamwork through code reviews, pair programming, and knowledge sharing.
- Write extensive, clear documentation of systems and processes.
Research shows that women and members of underrepresented groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every box on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and if this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of software development experience (we use Go, Node, Python, SQL, and Terraform)
- Experience working with legacy Go systems.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Kafka, Kubernetes, Terraform, Postgres, and AWS.
Nice to haves:
- Interest in Devops & Infrastructure
- Experience with React.
- Restaurant experience (server, host, cook…it helps to know the folks our software supports!)
- Our base pay range is $115,500 - $222,500 for this role
- Please note the salary range listed is just one component of a competitive compensation package which includes a company stock plan
- Offers will be reflective of the candidate’s location and experience.
SpotOn is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
SpotOn is an e-verify company.