At SpotOn, we’re helping small businesses and restaurants compete and win with technology to better connect with their customers. Think marketing software, website development, e-commerce, reservations, online ordering, digital loyalty, review management, and both retail and restaurant point-of-sale (POS) solutions.
Recently, SpotOn has:
- Raised $300M in Series F funding (valuing SpotOn at $3.6 Billion)
- Earned awards for Great Places to Work and Built In’s Best Places to Work
- Earned award for Inc’s Fastest Growing Company in 2023
- Rated the top-rated point-of-sale (POS) for Restaurants, Bars, Retail, and Small Business by Capterra users
- Helped local businesses succeed with technology and support to battle through the labor shortage while also helping their employees earn more.
This year, we’re going even bigger—caring hard and moving fast down the path of high growth and positive impact.
That’s where you come in.
This position involves traveling to different merchants across the United States and is responsible for coordinating the installation of a Restaurant POS. This includes physically installing the POS, training the staff and managers on use of the product, and upselling other pieces of our product suite that may benefit the owners in running their business. The goal of this role is to aid in setting up the business to run more successfully and efficiently prior to installation of Restaurant POS.
- Hardware install- workstations, pin pads, printers, cash drawers, switches, and other hardware devices that integrate with RPOS.
- Onsite training restaurant employees and live support
- Menu/system functionality changes
- Employee additions to system
- Set up POS network (can include router/ firewall, patch cables, and cable management)
- Set up printer routes
- Reporting training and how to use this information to run business
- Booking the installations, trainings and go-live date
- Exercise discretion as it relates to providing financial discounts on subscription plans or as part of the resolution of a customer service problem
- Acquiring sign offs for training, taxes, and installations
Research shows that women and members of underrepresented groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every box on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and if this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
- 1+ years of experience working in restaurants in positions such as management, servers, or bartenders
- Experience working in a wide variety of restaurant types is a bonus
- Experience with POS implementation or performing installations a bonus
- Must be able to travel 3-4 days per week (usually traveling out on Sundays for any early Monday installs)
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure
- Possess strong analytical and critical problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Fluency/bilingual in Spanish is a bonus!
- Ability to interact with and coach a wide variety of stakeholder, ranging from restaurant managers and owners, to business executives and chefs
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position a minimum of 50% of the work day
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- May be required to kneel or assume an uncomfortable position during installation
- Occasionally lifts and carries equipment in the office weighing up to 20 pounds
At SpotOn, we put people above everything else. We’re known for our innovative software and technology solutions, but we stand out because of the hard-working humans behind the tech. We can’t take care of our clients without taking care of our employees first, and that’s why we invest in you with a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Stock Options
- Paid vacation, 11 company holidays, sick time, and volunteer time off
- Headspace membership for guided meditation and stress relieving tools through the Sequoia App*
- Employee Resource Groups for Diversity and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA+, and other communities
- Desk, Chair and Monitor needed for your home office? We got you
- Monthly cell phone and internet stipend
- Unlimited access to virtual audio and visual workouts through the Sequoia App*
- Subscription to Linkedin Learning to expand your knowledge on all kinds of fun topics
- Tuition reimbursement for up to 2k per calendar year to assist with classes of your choice
* for those enrolled in the Anthem plan
- Our base pay range starts at $21-$26 for this role
- Please note the salary range listed is just one component of a competitive compensation package which includes a company stock plan
- Offers will be reflective of the candidate’s location and experience.
SpotOn is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
SpotOn is an e-verify company.