Find out why our seed & series A rounds were oversubscribed!
Our startup is transforming a legacy industry with our cloud-native, digital-first platform. Based in SF and NYC with global offices, our talented team from around the world is challenging the status quo in our $1.4 trillion industry. Early Silicon Valley backers of Airbnb, Amazon, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Snowflake participated in our oversubscribed funding round.
Founded in early 2020, we are coming out of stealth mode later this year. We have proven leaders who have built multi-billion dollar companies and technology at the vanguard of data, AI, and user experience. We are re-imagining our industry and building from the ground up. We are solving hard infrastructure and data challenges to create a better experience for our users.
Our team is growing rapidly. We are looking for bold creative thinkers and risk takers who will excel at an early stage startup. Join us on our mission to bring trust and transparency to one of the world’s biggest industries.
What you'll do ?
- You will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the Payment infrastructure. The infrastructure includes both: infrastructure to charge money through credit cards, Stripe, Virtual Cards, etc as well as the book keeping infrastructure that would maintain the source of truth for all the payments within Spotnana.
- Your design will need to be highly available and reliable due to the high volume of transactions that would be flowing through it.
- Your design must support low-latency, distributed processing systems that processes at a very high volume.
- You must consider and make meaningful tradeoffs between consistency and availability when needed.
- Build easy to use granular APIs that abstracts away the complexity of money movement.
- Your work must also take into consideration security and compliance requirements of the highest degree for handling customer’s sensitive data.
- Understand the Platform strategy in your design in order to allow the many divisions of our company to leverage the Payments platform to build new products.
- Pair with Engineering Managers to mentor and develop senior engineering talent on the teams.
Who you are?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- Have at least 10 years of overall experience & previously been in a Technical Leadership or Staff/Principal Engineering role driving technical work for large groups of engineers
- Have previously architected Payment infrastructure, Source-of-truth-consistent and large-scale, fault tolerant systems that bear critical impact to the business.
- Have Payments industry experience, familiarity with card processing, settlement, PCI security, reconciliation, etc
- Experience in different forms of payment types: Cards, Stripe, Virtual Cards, etc.
- Expertise in large scale cloud/API services, distributed systems, databases (SQL and NoSQL), Kafka, Java web app threading model, REST, HTTP, OAuth2, and multi-layered security.
- Are comfortable in working in ambiguously defined problem spaces, can identify the most valuable areas to direct your energy, and have delivered tangible results, as demonstrated in prior experiences.
- Are skilled in working across engineering teams and other functions in building alignment, driving decision making, and communicating transparently.
We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.