About the Company
Sporttrade is a venture-backed fintech company disrupting the $10b sports betting industry. We are a sports betting exchange with a mission to bring the innovation, liquidity, transparency and customer protection of capital markets to the sports betting industry for the benefit of the customer.
At Sporttrade we lift others up by valuing and encouraging positivity, empathy, and respect toward all stakeholders. We are curious, iterative, and innovative. We are unafraid to fail, and we support each other as we tackle and overcome rewarding challenges.
We are hiring a Site Reliability Engineer to join our operations and infrastructure team. This role is a combination of devops, cloud engineering, and system operations. You will work closely with development teams and stakeholders to build, maintain, and deliver our software in a repeatable and resilient way, with a focus on automation and security to enable us to reach our objectives more efficiently. You’ll help manage and create cloud infrastructure, empower development teams to create safer and healthier code, aid in automating our release and development processes, set up and maintain internal tools such as Grafana, Jenkins, and Prometheus, as well as manage accounts and identity for our organization.
- Implement projects from proposal through postmortem, assessing problems, proposing solutions, and executing them against acceptance criteria.
- Provides subject matter expertise and ownership of the Sporttrade global and datacenter network stack
- Contribute to and demonstrate ownership over major components of our infrastructure, taking responsibility for their maintenance and improvement over time.
- Create and maintain internal tools and automation to help our teams work more effectively.
- Participate in operational on-call support rotations to triage and resolve issues and requests.
- Review, evaluate, and improve procedures and systems
- Experience in software engineering, DevOps, or IT Operations roles
- 3+ years of experience with Fortinet, Cisco, Arista, or similar networking hardware and operating systems
- Deep understanding of network architecture and protocols
- Intermediate programming and/or scripting in one or more languages (Python, Bash)
- Experience and comfort on the Linux command line
- Understanding of software, systems, and network infrastructure, both cloud and traditional hosted data center infrastructure
- Experience with automated configuration management and continuous integration (CI) systems
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Ansible/Terraform preferred)
- Experience with Docker and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes and Docker Swarm
- Passion for helping people and enabling them to solve problems
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team or as an individual contributor
- Effective project management skills
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits with 100% Employee medical premium contribution, and 99% Employee Dental and Vision premium contribution
- Equity Options
- Unlimited Vacation
Diverse workforces create the best companies, and we at Sporttrade are committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates the uniqueness and contributions of each individual. Sporttrade is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.