About the Company
Sporttrade is a venture-backed fintech company disrupting the $10b sports betting industry. We are a sports betting exchange with a mission to bring the innovation, liquidity, transparency and customer protection of capital markets to the sports betting industry for the benefit of the customer.
At Sporttrade we lift others up by valuing and encouraging positivity, empathy, and respect toward all stakeholders. We are curious, iterative, and innovative. We are unafraid to fail, and we support each other as we tackle and overcome rewarding challenges.
At Sporttrade, we are building the first legal betting exchange, using cutting-edge technology in order to deliver the best experience for our customers and stakeholders. Our system is distributed and built from scratch; unlike the traditional sports books, we’re building a first-class, customer-first experience and are looking for a Technical Writer with the documentation skills to match our vision. If you are excited to work with internal and external documentation for internal and external stakeholders of various technical experience we invite you to join our team today!
- Collaborate with Sporttrade engineers, taking the first-draft markdown, README, and other documentation and turning it into consumable and distributable material for multiple audiences
- Version and compile release documentation for each build of the Sporttrade system
- Maintain architecture and other documentation across the organization to better educate stakeholders on the technical architecture and landscape of the Sporttrade system
- Proactively work on special projects, planning and authorizing content for internal and external audiences, and help scale documentation features and processes
- Demonstrable experience planning, researching, and editing software documentation
- Excellent skills with English grammar, minimalist documentation design, and effective information architecture
- Teaching skills and ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience using technologies such as Linux, command line shells, scripting, programming languages such as Python and Java, Git version control (does not need to be in a professional context)
- Experience managing documentation as code a plus
- Experience with some of the following:
- DevOps tooling such as Jenkins, Ansible, or Terraform
- Distributed and microservices architectures, running on platforms such as Kubernetes
- Cloud and on-premise datacenter technologies, like VMware
- Financial Exchange or trading-based systems and applications
- Network protocols such as TCP and UDP
- Experience with project and wiki tools such as Jira, Confluence, and markdown
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits with 100% Employee medical premium contribution, and 99% Employee Dental and Vision premium contribution
- Equity Options
- Unlimited Vacation
Diverse workforces create the best companies, and we at Sporttrade are committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates the uniqueness and contributions of each individual. Sporttrade is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.