Sporttrade is a venture-backed fintech company disrupting the $10b sports betting industry. We are an all-to-all sports betting exchange with a mission to elevate the sports betting industry by bringing innovation, liquidity, transparency and protection to customers.
At Sporttrade, we lift others up by valuing and encouraging positivity, empathy, and respect toward all stakeholders. We are curious, iterative, and innovative. We are unafraid to fail, and we support each other as we tackle and overcome rewarding challenges.
POSITION: Technical Operations Engineer
Location: Remote (Central Time Zone, preferred)
The Technical Operations Engineer should be an experienced (3-6 year) Systems Administrator or Production Support Specialist with experience supporting highly available, distributed systems. The Tech Ops Engineer should have experience with either cloud or on-prem systems, ideally both. The person filling this role should be pragmatic and level-headed, as a large part of the position will be spent coordinating the Incident Management process, which will require some level of availability at all times where the Sporttrade exchange is open. On-call system will be used to maintain work-life balance. To prevent/minimize the frequency of incidents, the Technical Operations Engineer should also have experience using monitoring tools like Datadog and Splunk to build dashboards and alerting systems for internal stakeholders to see key system metrics.
The Technical Operations Engineer should also have a solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process and be willing to facilitate the Change Management process in order to make sure that code is deployed in a responsible manner, with the proper business approvals and transparency surrounding releases. The Technical Operations Engineer should also be able to support releases and have experience working with CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
- Coordinates internal response to Production issues by working with Customer Success and Exchange to identify issues and Exchange/Engineering to resolve them.
- Works with Site Reliability Engineering and business teams to implement meaningful monitoring dashboards with the goal of preventing Production issues.
- Working with stakeholders to go through technical specifications and answer any inquiries that may come up regarding these specs/protocols.
- Working with Sporttrade Business, Development and Information Security teams to facilitate and document the Change Management process for Production deployments.
- Knowledge of Linux distributions, storage environments, file systems and network protocols.
- Knowledge of networking principles including routing, subnets, TCP, IP, VLANs and UDP.
- Needs to be highly analytical and able to examine error logs, system performance data, and user information to ensure a high level of reliability.
- Experience supporting highly available production environments, as well as experience automating tasks to support this high level of availability.
- Scripting experience required (Bash, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with version control using Git and Github interface.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with cloud-based data platforms such as Datadog. Ideally should have experience creating easy to understand alerts and dashboards for use by business and customer support teams.
- Experience working in the financial services sector desired. Ideal candidates would have experience supporting production trading systems in any asset class.
- Experience working for a startup company is beneficial. Ideal candidates should have experience building and implementing processes, as well as experience with process documentation.
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred. Ideal candidates will have a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a comparable amount (4+ years) of relevant work experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for eligible full-time employees, with 100% Employee medical premium contribution
- Equity Options
- Unlimited Vacation
Diverse workforces create the best companies, and we at Sporttrade are committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates the uniqueness and contributions of each individual. Sporttrade is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.