Title: Development Manager
Location: San Francisco
Reports to: Associate Director, Development
Compensation: $64,100 - $73,300 (Annually)
This is a full-time, hybrid position based out of our San Francisco office. It is expected that some duties will be performed on-site at least 2-days a week, and some remotely, with the understanding that government and public health guidelines will help determine the extent to which it is safe to carry out in-person and onsite activities.
All candidates must be within commutable distance of SEO’s offices at Three Embarcadero Center Promenade Level, Suite P-1 San Francisco, CA 94111, upon hire.
We Propel Human Potential. SEO is an educational non-profit focused on improving outcomes for students that come from underserved and historically underrepresented backgrounds. For over 50 years, SEO has been an innovator in education, mentorship, and creating educational programs and opportunities that maximize the full potential of our students. We are on a mission to create an ecosystem of excellence for the students we serve!
ABOUT SEO SCHOLARS
SEO Scholars provides motivated, low income public high school students with a rigorous out-of-school supplemental academic curriculum, college guidance and the leadership development necessary to gain admission to, and succeed at, competitive colleges and universities. SEO Scholars San Francisco (SF Scholars) is the first expansion region for this program and aims to replicate for Bay Area students the stellar outcomes that the program has delivered in New York City. (Learn more here: SEO Scholars)
POSITION OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Development Manager plays an essential role in overseeing and managing day-to-day development and team operations of SF Scholars This role reports to the Associate Director of Development, and offers the opportunity to collaborate closely across various SEO stakeholders. An ideal candidate will enjoy and excel at working across various disciplines, team members, and projects; and thrives when managing operational tasks and improving systems. Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Serve as a subject matter expert and system administrator for key platforms used by the Development team (e.g. email platform, online giving platform, Salesforce, project management), assessing ongoing efficacy and proposing alternatives when necessary
- Support the Development team with Work with operational processes, data, and reporting needs, primarily in Salesforce and Google Suite
- Oversee Development Coordinator’s management of donor database and gift processing to ensure that gifts are documented, processed, and acknowledged in an accurate and timely fashion
- Conduct monthly fundraising revenue reconciliation in partnership with local Development team and national Finance team
Donor Engagement & Special Events
- Support all donor events including annual Achievement Benefit, Sip for SEO, and smaller scale events by overseeing revenue tracking, seating charts, attendance, registration, and other event components
- Coordinate logistics and communications for the Professional Experience Internship program in partnership with program team and intern hosts
- Provide administrative and logistics support to the Leadership Council including coordinating meetings, drafting communications, supporting new member recruitment and beyond
- Oversee team culture initiatives including birthdays, work anniversaries, and team appreciation activities
- Coordinate all team meetings, standups, and retreats including logistics, calendaring, and facilitator and venue procurement in coordination with leadership team
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices weekly via payment request system and submit monthly credit card reports for the Associate Director of Development
- Manage monthly expense reporting and forecasting processes including expense coding resources, actuals reviews, and requests for reclassifications of mis-coded expenses
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or similar field required.
- 3+ years of experience working in development role for a school, school district, charter management organization, educational organization, or aligned nonprofit.
- Technical proficiencies in MS Office and GSuite, donor databases, and cloud-based applications like Box and Zoom; 2+ years experience working with Salesforce or a similar CRM database.
- Exemplary written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills; must be able to address and engage with diverse and multicultural communities through different mediums, including in-person and through messaging platforms, video chats/conferences, and phone calls.
- Strong organizational skills; must be comfortable managing multiple competing priorities and meeting deadlines independently and as part of a larger team.
- Stellar attention to detail, especially related to data collection, entry, and management.
- Able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Familiarity and/or experience with public education and youth communities in San Francisco a plus.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- A Passion for SEO’s Mission: A deep curiosity and knowledge of the barriers to entry and obstacles for historically excluded and underrepresented communities and a real passion and dedication to closing those opportunity gaps.
- Relationship Management: A proven background in developing and leveraging strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to accomplish common goals and a track record of collaborating with teammates and colleagues with dignity and respect.
- Critical Thinking: The capacity to anticipate needs, use best resources, and employ careful decision-making. Able to adjust to changes and work demands quickly while maintaining a strategic and tactical vision to complete work efficiently.
- Initiative: Proactively identifying ways to contribute to SEO’s vision and mission by setting and delivering on achievable goals aligned with team and organizational priorities.
- Project Management: An affinity for planning with the ability to break down issues into component pieces, build project work plans, assume accountability for timelines, lead cross-functional working teams, evaluate data for continuous improvement, all while navigating ambiguity along the way.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
SEO offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits plan including low-cost health, vision, and dental options, a generous holiday schedule and PTO policies, disability coverage, fully paid time off for new parents, and employer contributions to health reimbursement and retirement accounts. We are constantly working to improve our benefits each year based on the needs of our employees. We value wellness and strive to consistently use a DEIB lens to put people first and foremost.
The compensation listed in this posting reflects what SEO believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and SEO reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time.
At SEO we are committed to cultivating a team that embodies the backgrounds and experiences of the constituencies we serve and the communities we live in, and a workplace that reflects the impact we make in the world. Candidates from historically excluded and underrepresented communities – including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQIA+ Community, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it is our commitment.
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other legally protected status.
If you need accommodation while applying for a role with SEO, due to a disability, please email SEO Talent.