When you think of ‘digital learning’ what comes to mind?
Well, I bet it’s not what we do at Sponge. We have a team of some of the most talented designers in the industry who combine creativity, technology and learning science to create truly inspirational training experiences for some of the world’s biggest brands (honestly, you would be astounded by the clients we work with).
We are on a mission to change people’s idea of what digital learning is. We want to leave a legacy that our clients value and our people can be proud of. Our sector is experiencing incredible growth and we are looking for talented, inquisitive and positive Senior Designers to join our supportive and friendly team.
- You’ll work with clients, learning designers and animators to design outstanding user-centric visuals and interactions that create memorable training experiences.
- You’ll discuss and present designs to the project team and clients, communicating your ideas through mood boards, storyboards and visuals.
- You’ll collaborate with our Growth Team to create inspiring presentations and proposal visuals that will ultimately help secure new clients.
- You’ll lead on our creative design approach for complex projects and take ownership over the quality of design for the duration of the project
- You’ll work in close partnership with external clients to develop and present designs
- You’ll support the development of others through knowledge sharing, coaching, and mentoring
Essential skills and experience:
- Extensive experience working as a Digital Designer in a commercial environment
- Experience and confidence working with large-scale global brands
- Strong commercial ability and awareness
- Curious, interested and digitally versatile
- Ability to think creatively and communicate ideas in an inspiring way
- A confident and trusted client-facing partner
- Organised, delivering consistently and collaboratively under pressure
- Excellent understanding of design principles, typography, hierarchy, and layout
- Excellent understanding of user interface design, designing for mobile and the web
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Our new headquarters is in the Bristol area, however you will ideally be based within an hour’s travelling distance of one of our offices. We currently have main offices in the UK in Bristol, Plymouth, Edinburgh, and in Europe in Berlin and Brussels.
We offer a mix of home and office working because we believe both are necessary for a high performing team. We know you need some time to concentrate and avoid constant commuting, so homeworking is essential, but we also feel face-to-face time is important too.
We work in a Hybrid way with ideally 2/3 days per week in the office and the rest of the week working remotely. We also offer flexible working options to help find the right work-life balance for you.
Next Step…Send us a link to your portfolio, your CV and a cover letter telling us what you’ll bring to Sponge. In your portfolio, we would like to see your personality shine through the best examples of your illustration, graphic design and user interface designs.
You’ll be part of an expanding, award winning company and collaborate and share learning with a team of exceptionally talented people, in a supportive and creative culture.
We’re offering opportunities for career development and benefits that include pension, competitive salary, remote and flexible working, and a day off for your birthday.
We can’t wait to hear from you!