You’re an experienced, talented Graphic (digital) Designer with a passion for creating truly amazing experiences through next level UI & UX design. You work collaboratively with colleagues and clients to bring ideas to life, pushing boundaries to make every project exceptional. Sound familiar?
At Sponge, we get very excited about designing digital learning solutions that excel in every format, and heighten the learner experience. Experts in Elearning, immersive learning, video and animation, applied games, micro-sites and more, we’re a team of some of the most talented digital designers in the industry, using the best technologies to become the market leading digital learning provider. Working with leading global brands like Coca Cola, GSK, Toyota and more, we work together to deliver engaging experiences that defy expectation.
Whether you’re collaborating on a pitch to secure our next project or client, or working on a completely bespoke solution, your expertise will play a vital part in design decisions. You’ll understand the limitations that some brands can have, but your ability to think outside the box will still enable you to come up with ideas that seem unimaginable yet achievable. When necessary you’ll challenge ideas respectfully to ensure that we’re delivering something that’s truly engaging, intuitive and award worthy every single day.
Where you’ll create impact:
- You’ll be the brand ambassador for your clients, advising and directing on the best approaches for your subsequent projects
- Commercially savvy, you’ll collaborate with creative teams to generate innovative yet commercially-viable concepts and solutions
- You’ll take a strategic, bigger picture view on aspects of a project, without forgetting the all-important details
- Confident and experienced, you’ll know the value of 2 x way feedback. You’ll share your knowledge with both clients and internal teams alike, enabling you all to continue learning
- Comfy working outside the ‘norm’, you’ll adjust your approach and style for each client and project
- You’ll support the development of others in the design team, sharing knowledge and mentoring on projects, looking for opportunities to help yourself and others learn and grow.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Good commercial Graphic Design experience - digital solutions
- Expert knowledge of UI and UX best practices
- Skilled at teasing out, creating, and communicating briefs effectively, to any audience
- Meticulous attention to detail with expert planning and time management skills
- At home using, and pushing the boundaries of the latest and greatest design, wire-frame and prototyping tools - Adobe Creative Suite to Microsoft Office, and many more, you’re not afraid to learn something new
Go on…take the leap and make a move to find out more. With a highly competitive salary and great benefits; flexible working, and a day off for your birthday…we’ve got your well-being at the forefront of our minds. You’ll join a brilliant team and be part of an expanding Learning Group that can offer opportunities for personal growth.
Location - Hybrid (Location Bristol, Edinburgh, or Plymouth)
Our new headquarters is in the Bristol area, however you will ideally be based within an hour’s travelling distance of one of our offices.
We offer a mix of home and office working because we believe both are necessary for a high performing team. We know you need some time to concentrate and avoid constant commuting, so homeworking is essential, but we also feel face-to-face time is important too.
We work in a Hybrid way with ideally 2/3 days per week in the office and the rest of the week worked remotely. We offer flexible working options also to help find the right work-life balance for you.
We currently have main offices in the UK in Bristol, Plymouth, Glasgow, and in Europe in Berlin and Brussels.
Simply send us your CV along with a link to your portfolio, and a cover letter telling us about your most challenging brief and how you created a user centric masterpiece.