Spokeo's QA team is looking for a Senior QA Developer to join us in Pasadena, CA. Spokeo builds innovative products that make your world more transparent. We help you know the people around you better so you can be more connected, more protected, and trust a little easier.
Spokeo reconnects friends, reunites families, uncovers catfishers, prevents fraud, stops criminals, and more. With over 12 billion records and 18 million monthly visitors, our team of only 200 tackles Facebook-sized challenges and pushes the limit of Amazon's cloud.
The Senior QA Developer will be responsible for defining, reviewing, and executing test protocols. They will also provide frontline support for identifying and debugging software defects. The Senior QA Developer will investigate complex issues and provide analysis, potentially including fix recommendations. The primary responsibility of this position is to help develop quality software and maintain test infrastructure.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Gather and document test case requirements.
- Perform testing, clearly log defects, maintain test data, and monitor test performance over time.
- Investigate incoming bug reports by reproducing issues and investigating logs.
- Design, develop, and execute automated tests, both black-box and white-box test cases.
- Design, develop and maintain in-house test automation framework, with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins.
- Design and develop, execute performance tests.
- Work collaboratively with software developers.
- Mentor and train junior members in QA methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or related field and 5+ years of software development/testing experience (or alternatively, a Master's degree and 3+ years of experience).
- Extensive experience with QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles.
- Extensive experience in developing complex tests with one or more Linux scripting languages (bash, ksh, csh, etc.) and/or other languages such as Ruby, Python or Perl.
- Extensive SQL experience and NoSQL experience.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, writing, and communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of agile methodologies.
- Hands-on experience in data quality testing.
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
- In-Depth in methodical test discipline, applicable across the breadth of software subcomponents.
- Experience in comparing capabilities across various test automation framework tools.
- Strong development software engineering capability
- Top Salary
- Flexible Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Stock Options
- Free Lunch Catering Every Day
- Gym Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Fully Stocked Fridge and Snacks
- Ping Pong, Foosball, and Pool Table