Spokeo is seeking a “startup” mentality individual who will work side-by-side with a small Accounting and Analytics team while working with the management team to lead and grow overall operations.
As a key member of Spokeo’s Leadership team, this individual will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company.
The Director of Finance is responsible for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. S/he will have day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing and controlling all finance related activities including accounting, corporate finance, treasury, forecasting, tax, compliance and audit. This role requires a strong focus on FP&A as well as a passion for creating a metrics and analytics-driven culture. This is a highly operational role.
The right person will be an existing member of an enthusiastic executive team that is a leader in the technology/internet world.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee all aspects of the finance, accounting, analytics, treasury and tax functions of the organization.
- Drive Finance team credibility through provision of timely financial reporting and analysis.
- Directly own and operate the financial model.
- Provide recommendations to improve finance and operating performance/efficiencies.
- Establish optimal capital structure and support corporate finance activities.
- Engage appropriate audit and compliance partners to complement internal control framework.
- Support strategic growth/planning through detailed financial forecasting/budgeting.
- Develop strong relationships with executives.
- Seek innovative financial solutions to drive growth
- Passionate about building things (teams, companies, people).
- A highly technical individual with great mathematical skill.
- Willing to get your hands dirty - we’re a small but mighty team and need people with a bias towards action at every level, even the executive team.
- Strong at multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- Constantly improving yourself and your peers.
- Technical skills and a thirst for determining and driving the science of our business.
- Experience building and running detailed financial models for a subscription based or recurring revenue technology company. Experience working with SEM and SEO teams preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create a vision for the future, build and maintain support for that vision across affected groups and execute a plan for achieving it.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. preferred) and seven plus years of related experience with technology/internet companies.
- MBA or an advanced degree (CPA preferred).
- Knowledge of business operations, processes and theories, including lean principles, ERP/MRP management, strategic planning and related skills.
- Must be familiar with standard accounting concepts, practices, procedures, and principles; skilled at using database, spreadsheet, and word processing software to prepare statistical and written reports.
- Comfort in entrepreneurial/high growth environment.
- Top Salary
- Flexible Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Stock Options
- Free Lunch Catering Every Day
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Fully Stocked Fridge and Snacks
- Ping Pong, Foosball, and Pool