Spokeo’s Product team is looking for a Data Scientist to join us in Pasadena, CA. Spokeo is at a transformative inflection point, creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and businesses. The ways in which people search and connect using technology are rapidly evolving, and Spokeo is building new products to stimulate change and amplify these trends. We encourage enthusiastic individuals who are comfortable working in a highly collaborative and dynamic work environment to apply.
As a Data Scientist at Spokeo, you will have the unique opportunity of combining programming, algorithms, and an understanding of human behavior for getting answers to interesting human questions from data. You will be responsible for deep-diving into a variety of data sets and finding nuggets of insight that inform product development on our most valuable asset: people data. This includes leveraging data mining approaches to systematically recognize patterns, as well as informing data cleaning, search-ability, and identity resolution. You should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, innovative, a creative thinker, self-directed, and a collaborative team player.
What you'll do:
- Extract insights from data sets for product development, identifying strategic opportunities
- Design and evaluate experiments using algorithmic, mining, and statistical techniques
- Leverage data munging approaches and handle imperfections in data: missing values, inconsistent formats, etc.
- Apply scientific approaches that iteratively improve our people data and identity resolution, validating your findings using an experimental and iterative approach
- Benchmark and track changes to key people data metrics
- Use data visualization and communication tools that summarize findings for technical and non-technical audiences
What we're looking for:
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related quantitative discipline
- 5+ years experience, especially in companies with massive data sets (billions of records)
- Experience with statistical analysis environments, like R or MATLAB
- Extremely proficient with a database querying language, like SQL
- Data mining approaches: association, classification, clustering, sequence or path analysis
- Should be familiar with statistical tests, distributions, maximum likelihood estimators, etc.
- Experience with machine learning methods: k-nearest neighbors, random forests, etc.
- Quick learner and self-motivated, working through concepts with minimal guidance
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
What we'll provide:
- Top salary
- Flexible hours
- Casual dress code
- Stock options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Free lunch catering everyday
- Fully stock fridges and snacks
- Gaming area with ping pong, foosball, etc
- Weekly wellness activities and gym reimbursement