Split is the industry's leading platform for feature experimentation. Our mission is simple - to empower companies to make smarter product decisions. Our platform unifies DevOps and product management, helping agile engineering and product teams accelerate the pace of product delivery and make data-driven decisions. We are currently looking for outstanding sales talent to join our growing team in Lehi, UT. We want an individual who has successfully built out a team before and is ready to do it again.
This position will play a critical role in the acquisition of our customer base and market share at Split. Closely aligned with sales and marketing, as the leader of our Sales Development team, you will be responsible for building out the SDR organization across managers and individual contributors.
As well as inspiring, managing, overseeing and supporting our SDR team, you’ll be leading them to exceptional results across outbound and inbound prospects; working closely with marketing and demand generation teams; aligning event coverage; and developing market opportunity in advance of sales resources. We are an outbound based model that places a high value on direct engagement with the market and prospects
Working within a metrics and measurement based culture, the Sales Development Director position drives results across four critical success factors: Customer Acquisition, Business Results, Employee Engagement and Operational Excellence. This position will report to the VP of Commercial Sales.
As the Sales Development Director this person will hire, develop, and train highly driven and enthusiastic team members. The Sales Development team is the first interaction with prospective Split customers and is key to creating and growing the sales talent pipeline to ensure the success and scalability of Split.
- Driving Performance – Drive revenue through new client acquisition
- Recruiting Top Talent: designing and executing a sourcing and selection strategy to bring the best possible sales talent into the organization.
- Training & Development: executing a process to quickly and effectively onboard new sales development reps and ensure continued development of the entire team.
- Coaching & Performance Management: through 1-on-1 coaching ensure high individual performance; effectively manage both high performers and underperformers. Lead the daily activities and quota performance management of individual SDRs.
Consistently meets/exceeds outline individual and team metrics (monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Sales Strategy Execution: Set the sales development priorities and key selling strategies to achieve sales objectives. Align strategy through a structured “Building to Success” approach down through individual (IC) goals and development plans
- Performance Reporting: design and utilize quantitative reporting and analysis to identify gaps & opportunities and report out performance to Split leadership.
- Lead by Example: step in wherever necessary (e.g. outbound cold calling) to show the team how it is done and ensure the team “hits the target.”
- Building a Winning Culture – bring energy, excitement and the Split culture to the team. Create a team with high loyalty and an excitement to come to work each day.
- Scaling the Sales Organization
- Talent & Organization Design: design the most efficient and scalable coverage model to ensure balance across territory contribution expectations and yield, while driving motivation within the team members. Identify and design development tracks for enablement and growth.
- Scalable Processes: ensure sales and team processes are scalable to ensure continued high performance at a much larger scale. Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of Process, Efficiency and Productivity
- Continuous Innovation: identify process, technology, and strategy opportunities to improve overall sales performance. Lead organizational innovation to support the needs of a rapidly growing team.
Key Experience and Qualifications
- 2+ years in the Software sales as an SDR & closer
- 3+ years of management experience in a high-tech startup environment
- Experience scaling out a team at a fast pace
- Consistent track record of consistently exceeding against quota and outlined metrics
- Experience managing and improving Sales Development KPIs
- Strong experience working with Salesforce.com and Marketing Automation platforms and customer acquisition enablement tools
- An enthusiastic team player who is comfortable working with all department leaders and the ability to create strong alignment with Split Demand Generation
- Knowledge of SaaS and/or subscription-based business sales models
- Demonstrated ability to function and drive change in a small, entrepreneurial organization
- Willingness to get in the trenches to coach and develop team members
- High EQ, self-starter, drives results, motivated, creative and resourceful
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce accurate reporting (in Excel, or other) and analyze and draw conclusions from performance reporting
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Ability to travel to manage disparate teams (~25%)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off