PRODUCT & ENGINEERING
Split’s product and engineering teams process and leverage data across 1 trillion+ monthly events to empower product, engineering and business decisions by delivering feature flags, data-driven insights, metrics, and tools to our customers. Our product helps companies across all industries accelerate their product delivery safely and effectively. It helps teams understand the value of their feature to their users in a very data and scientific way and allow them to quickly iterate to accelerate their business impact.
As the Manager of Experimentation Data Engineering team, you will have a strategic and impactful role. The team is responsible for delivering a platform ingesting a large volume of data and integration of new data technologies.You will be partnering with technical leaders across the organization to define a technical strategy, a roadmap and drive execution for it. You will also contribute to the engineering and company direction and strategy.
- Lead and support the experimentation engineering team.
- Recruit, grow and retain top talent in the geographically distributed teams.
- Focus on performance and highly available production systems.
- Partner with Product Management in defining product strategy and roadmap
- Work with your teams to define a technical strategy, roadmap and operational improvements
- Partner with Director/VP of Engineering to drive engineering strategy and contribute to the company strategy
- Manage team culture, communication and cohesion
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of hands-on experience in the software industry, including data engineering or analytics space.
- You have 3+ years of people management experience
- You have solid experience or understanding of data technologies, ETL, performance and scalability of large volume data platforms.
- You have experience in the technology stack including Java, Scala, Kafka, Spark, Kinesis, AWS.
- You care about people, making them successful and helping them grow
- You have worked in the tech industry and have a deep understanding of the process of web and cloud services.
- You have a good understanding of Agile principles and have used them in practice
- You have a deep understanding of technology, coding, scaling, testing, and operating services, and you can contribute effectively to technical conversations
- You have excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience.
- You have a track record of great collaborations with your team, peers and managers.
Split is the leading platform for feature experimentation, empowering businesses of all sizes to make smarter product decisions. Companies like Salesforce, GoDaddy and Twillio, rely on Split to securely release new features, target them to customers, and measure the impact of features on their customer experience metrics. Founded in 2015, Split's team comes from some of the most innovative enterprises in Silicon Valley, including Google, LinkedIn, Salesforce and Databricks. Split is based in Redwood City, California and backed by Accel Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners.