Split is the industry's leading platform for feature experimentation. Our mission is simple - to empower companies to make smarter product decisions. Our platform unifies DevOps and product management, helping agile engineering and product teams accelerate the pace of product delivery and make data-driven decisions. We are currently looking for an outstanding sales leader to join our growing Commercial Sales team in Redwood City, CA and Boston, MA. Remote applicants are also welcome.
Working within a metrics driven and scorecard environment, this position will play a key role in the growth and expansion of our customer base and market share at Split. As manager of our East Commercial Sales team, you will be responsible for inspiring, managing, overseeing and supporting a team of commercial sales reps.
The Manager, Commercial Sales position drives results across four critical success factors: Business Results, Customer and Partner Loyalty, Employee Engagement, and Operational Excellence. This position will report to the VP of Commercial Sales.
- Driving Performance – managing a team of Commercial Sales reps to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual pipeline and revenue objectives across new client acquisition and existing customer (expansion) motion
- Recruiting Top Talent: designing and executing a sourcing and selection strategy to bring the best possible sales talent into the organization.
- Training & Development: executing a process to quickly and effectively onboard new sales reps, ramp through a 120 day readiness program, evaluate development and readiness, and ensure continued development of the entire team.
- Coaching & Performance Management: through 1-on-1 coaching ensure high individual performance; effectively manage both high performers and underperformers
- Strong Technical Depth: the Commercial Sales Manager needs to demonstrate strong technical knowledge of the Dev/Ops ecosystem and how Split works to enhance a customer’s environment
- Product and Market Feedback: Working with customer success and always valuing quantifiable and well as qualitative feedback, Director Commercial Sales provides critical market and customer insights to product and leadership teams
- Sales Strategy Execution: Leading from the front, the Commercial Sales Manager is a master of sales process, preparation, customer engagement, pricing who also brings the critical thinking, judgement, and decision making that can shape and lead strategy
- Performance Reporting: design and utilize quantitative reporting and analysis to identify gaps & opportunities and report out performance to Split leadership.
- Lead by Example: Model the best practices of personal accountability, goal setting, customer research, engagement, integrity, hard work, critical thinking, and a passion for excellence
- Building a Winning Culture – bring energy, excitement and the Split culture to the team. Lead a team with high loyalty and a passion to come to work each day.
- Continuous Innovation: identify process, technology, and strategy opportunities to improve overall sales performance. Lead organizational innovation to support the needs of rapidly growing team.
Key Experience and Qualifications Essential:
- 2-3+ years of experience in sales management or high performance individual contributor with evidence of continued career progression with a complex technological sale
- Experience and success in a startup environment, pipeline and ecosystem development, lighthouse customer development, alignment with customer success, product development, and marketing resources
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to function and drive change in a small, entrepreneurial organization
- Willingness to get in the trenches to coach and develop team members
- Self-starter, drives results, motivated, creative and resourceful
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and a track record of leading exceptional teams in a repeatable sales process.
- Ability to produce accurate reporting (in Excel, or other) and analyze and draw conclusions from performance reporting
- Experience working within a data-oriented environment and RevOps stack
Split was founded in 2015 with a team that had built the tools that made it possible for companies like LinkedIn and Salesforce to deliver great features. Since then we've helped hundreds of customers, including dozens of the Global 2000, achieve the same results.
Split provides an industry-leading Feature Delivery Platform. We pair the speed and reliability of feature flags with data to measure the impact of every feature. Split reduces development time, mitigates release risk, and quantifies impact, so engineering teams at companies like Twilio, Salesforce, and WePay are freed to solve customer and business problems.