PRODUCT & ENGINEERING
Split’s product and engineering teams process and leverage data across 1 trillion+ monthly events to empower product, engineering and business decisions by delivering feature flags, data-driven insights, metrics, and tools to our customers. Our product helps companies and engineering teams across all industries accelerate their product delivery safely and effectively. understand the value of their feature to their users in a very data and scientific way and allow them to quickly iterate to accelerate their business impact.
As the Core Engineering Manager, you will lead and support our Core product engineering team. The Core team is responsible for owning and driving our core feature flag platform. The team is responsible for architecture and implementation of features to manage feature flags at scale. This includes development of features for lifecycle management and workflows for feature flags used by medium to large corporations. The team works on building the necessary platform APIs, services and UI for the core product. It is responsible to drive usability in the most heavily used part of our product. You will be partnering with Product Management and Product Design to define a product roadmap and drive execution for it.
You will also be part of the engineering leadership team, working with a fast growing, experienced and talented team. You will also contribute to the engineering and company direction and strategy.
- Lead and support the core product engineering teams and product delivery
- Partner with Product Management and Product Design in defining product strategy and roadmap
- Work with your teams to define a technical strategy, roadmap and operational improvements
- Manage an excellent team of engineers, helping to develop their careers
- Manage team culture, communication and cohesion
- Help recruit a diverse team of engineers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives and strategy, as part of the engineering management team
Who you are
- You care about people, making them successful and helping them grow
- You care deeply about building a product that helps and satisfy customers
- You love learning and pushing your knowledge boundaries
- You have worked in the tech industry and have a deep understanding of the process of web and cloud services.
- You have a good understanding of Agile principles and have used them in practice
- You have a solid understanding of technology, coding, building a platform with APIs, scaling, testing, and operating services, and you can contribute effectively to technical conversations
- You have excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience.
- You are data driven
- You have a track record of great collaborations with your team, peers and managers.
- You have experience managing engineering teams with a strong record of building high quality products
Split was founded in 2015 with a team that had built the tools that made it possible for companies like LinkedIn and Salesforce to deliver great features. Since then we've helped hundreds of customers, including dozens of the Global 2000, achieve the same results.
Split provides an industry-leading Feature Delivery Platform. We pair the speed and reliability of feature flags with data to measure the impact of every feature. Split reduces development time, mitigates release risk, and quantifies impact, so engineering teams at companies like Twilio, Salesforce, and WePay are freed to solve customer and business problems.