Our Developer Ecosystem team is focused on building best in class features for our customers looking to leverage Split in conjunction with their other tools and systems. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for helping in the conception, design, development, and release of these exciting new products. You will have an opportunity to drive projects from end to end. Software Engineers at Split have strong problem solving capabilities, are great team players and have great communication skills. You must be a first rate Java programmer with experience designing object oriented code, and have experience designing and building REST APIs. Fullstack or microservices experience is also a plus. Split software engineers are goal-oriented, have the ability to handle interruptions while fluidly switching between several projects and dealing with issues that arise when running a highly available service.
- Co-own and contribute to feature development for Split’s tech stack (Java, Mongo, and AWS, as well as other supported languages). Focus on backend and midtier, with opportunities to work in the fullstack
- Build distributed, high-throughput, real-time platform and application services
- Design, model and build services to support new features and products
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, software engineers, and customers to build an amazing product experience
- Own with the team the technical strategy and technical choices for frameworks
- Develop performance and scalability test plans based upon product requirements
- Design and develop with an eye towards scalability, an API-first platform, and moving towards microservices
- Define with the team the way we should work
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
- Own service operation in production, including participating in on call rotation
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Experience designing object-oriented code, preferably in Java
- Experience in building APIs and backend services to power applications and drive value to customers
- Experience building and debugging scalable and reliable distributed systems in a collaborative environment
- Fluency in several programming languages (Java, Scala, Go or others) or having full stack experience is beneficial but not essential
- Obsession over writing simple, modularized, elegant code that can be easily tested
- Personable and able to work as a member of a small team. Able to contribute to projects with peers in other departments when needed
- Attention to details with a strong work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated
- Eagerness to learn quickly about a new product and industry vertical, and to receive constructive feedback to further improve your success in the role
Split was founded in 2015 with a team that had built the tools that made it possible for companies like LinkedIn and Salesforce to deliver great features. Since then we've helped hundreds of customers, including dozens of the Global 2000, achieve the same results.
Split provides an industry-leading Feature Delivery Platform. We pair the speed and reliability of feature flags with data to measure the impact of every feature. Split reduces development time, mitigates release risk, and quantifies impact, so engineering teams at companies like Twilio, Salesforce, and WePay are freed to solve customer and business problems.