Vice President, Product
Software is the heart of any enterprise, so product engineering teams need to deliver features that have a direct and measurable impact on the business. Engineers want and need to deploy code quickly, but this can often lead to failures or other performance issues and, shockingly, 80% of new features have no or negative business impact. Split allows engineering and product teams to deliver and measure features that matter, faster.
Split’s platform expedites development and fuels experimentation. Feature flags free you to deploy when you want, roll out when ready, and dynamically adjust in production. Combining feature flags with ops data allows you to detect release issues, identify the feature, and kill it instantly if needed. The platform also integrates with product analytics data to measure impact through statistically rigorous A/B tests. Split sits at the intersection of software delivery and experimentation.
- Well-funded: $60M raised through Series C from top-tier investors including Accel, Lightspeed, Comcast Ventures, with strategic investments from Atlassian, ServiceNow, and Microsoft M12
- Ended 2020 with 2x growth, serving over 1 Trillion flags a month to over 1 Billion users, and tracking to over 25% ahead of plan
- Team of 100+ and doubling in 2021
- Headquartered in Redwood City
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to Brian Bell, CEO, the responsibility of the VP of Product is to be a strategic partner in defining product strategy to align with the overall company strategy and to accelerate growth by building the product roadmap, defining processes and growing the team.
- Develop a deep understanding of the software development tools and experimentation landscape and think creatively about how Split differentiates to displace and beat competitors. This candidate will have an expertise in building technical products targeted at developers and product leaders in the mid-market and enterprise segment. Ideally, this candidate will also have some experience with the “bottoms up” motion, but not a must-have.
- Build for and empathize with the developer persona, and appreciate the value of experimentation, measurement and analytics.
- Create and implement effective processes to build and deliver product by working collaboratively with Split's engineering leadership
- Be a business-oriented leader that can effectively collaborate with sales, marketing and engineering to ensure our product and GTM strategy are aligned and in support of business goals. Understand the current cross-functional strategic and operational processes in place and fix, refine, implement new ones where necessary.
- Be an amazing communicator who can articulate the product strategy to Split's prospect and customer base customer base and who excels in the craft of product management and acts as the voice of the customer.
- Build and prioritize the product roadmap with monthly, quarterly and long term goals
- Work with Marketing and Sales to think creatively about pricing, packaging and expansion strategies to drive growth through new customer acquisition and expansion with existing customers
- Implement and own product best practices; be iterative and analytical in your approach and determine the standards for how to conduct research, set measurable targets, build PRDs, etc.
- Lead, grow and mentor a product, design and data science team to support a fast-scaling product with aggressive product goals.