Title: Director, Americas Enterprise Sales
Location: Redwood City, CA and Remote
Reports to: VP Worldwide Sales
Split is the industry's leading platform for feature experimentation. Our mission is simple - to empower companies to make smarter product decisions. Our platform unifies DevOps and product management, helping agile engineering and product teams accelerate the pace of product delivery and make data-driven decisions. We are currently looking for an outstanding sales leader to join our growing Enterprise Sales team in Redwood City, CA. Remote applicants are also welcome.
Working within a metrics driven and scorecard environment, this position will play a key role in the growth and expansion of our customer base and market share at Split. As manager of our Americas Enterprise Sales team, you will be responsible for inspiring, managing, overseeing and supporting the Enterprise Sales in the Americas.
The Director, Americas Enterprise Sales position drives results across four critical success factors: Business Results, Customer and Partner Loyalty, Employee Engagement, and Operational Excellence. This position will report to the VP of Worldwide Sales.
- Driving Performance – managing a team of Enterprise Sales reps to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual pipeline and revenue objectives across new client acquisition and existing customer (expansion) motion
- Recruiting Top Talent: designing and executing a sourcing and selection strategy to bring the best possible sales talent into the organization.
- Training & Development: executing a process to quickly and effectively onboard new sales reps, ramp through a 120 day readiness program, evaluate development and readiness, and ensure continued development of the entire team.
- Coaching & Performance Management: through 1-on-1 coaching ensure high individual performance; effectively manage both high performers and underperformers
- Product and Market Feedback: Working with customer success and always valuing quantifiable and well as qualitative feedback, Director Americas Enterprise Sales provides critical market and customer insights to product and leadership teams
- Sales Strategy Execution: Leading from the front, the Director Americas Enterprise Sales is a master of sales process, preparation, customer engagement, pricing who also brings the critical thinking, judgement, and decision making that can shape and lead strategy
- Performance Reporting: design and utilize quantitative reporting and analysis to identify gaps & opportunities and report out performance to Split leadership.
- Lead by Example: Model the best practices of personal accountability, goal setting, customer research, engagement, integrity, hard work, critical thinking, and a passion for excellence
- Building a Winning Culture – bring energy, excitement and the Split culture to the team. Create a team with high loyalty and an excitement to come to work each day.
- Scaling the Sales Organization
- Talent & Organization Design: grow organizational talent and design management roles that will enable scaling overall team as growth dictates. Identify and design development tracks for enablement and growth.
- Scalable Processes: ensure sales and team processes are scalable to ensure continued high performance at much larger scale
- Continuous Innovation: identify process, technology, and strategy opportunities to improve overall sales performance. Lead organizational innovation to support the needs of rapidly growing team.
Key Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in sales management with evidence of continued career progression
- Experience and success in a startup environment, pipeline and ecosystem development, lighthouse customer development, alignment with customer success, product development, and marketing resources
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to function and drive change in a small, entrepreneurial organization
- Willingness to get in the trenches to coach and develop team members
- Self-starter, drives results, motivated, creative and resourceful
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and a track record of leading exceptional teams in a repeatable sales process.
- Ability to produce accurate reporting (in Excel, or other) and analyze and draw conclusions from performance reporting
- Experience working within a data-oriented environment and RevOps stack
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Ability to travel to manage disparate teams (~50%)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off