Split is transforming the way to build and deliver software products. Our business is growing fast and we need to invest more in getting better insights to continue driving and accelerating our growth. As Split’s first dedicated Data Platform and Business Analytics Lead, you will be fundamental to driving insights and knowledge across the organization by owning our business intelligence, reporting, and data analytics capabilities.
You must be a flexible, dynamic, and confident self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects across many disciplines with strong follow through. This role requires strategic thinking, analytical capabilities, strong interpersonal skills, collaboration, and the ability to execute a variety of projects that require expediency, accuracy, and quality. You will be most successful with a healthy combination of both technical skills and business acumen that bridges analytics and business.
You will be responsible for a broad range of projects, including data collection, data cleanup, modeling and management, business analysis and dashboard creation for product, operations, sales, marketing, customer success and engineering.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work closely across the matrix with teams like Finance, Sales and Customer Success, Marketing, Product, and Engineering to capture requirements, influence the end-state way we make decisions, and craft world class BI tools to support those partners.
- Build dashboards, self-service tools, and reports to analyze and present the key business levers and metrics associated with our sales and marketing motion, customer experience, product performance, cost to service our customers, business operations, and strategic decision making.
- Aggregate data from various sources to construct streamlined data pipelines and integrate data from multiple systems.
- Build and maintain our ETL and data models as well as the documentation so that the data can be leveraged also by others
- Manage our analytics infrastructure in partnership with IT and Engineering
You are a good fit if you are:
- Are proficient in writing analytical and performant SQL Ideally have experience with dbt.
- Have a solid understanding of data warehouses and business intelligence tools (we use Snowflake and Looker)
- Have experience using the command line and git
- Experience in managing data and data models
- Can communicate clearly and directly about complex technical topics
- Are passionate about building the best version of whatever you’re working on
- Are highly motivated to work autonomously, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Some knowledge of Python would be a plus
- Exhibits a high level integrity, discretion, and confidentiality
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in business operations/intelligence, finance, or data scientist/analytics roles within a technology company, preferably for a Saas business.
Split is the leading Feature Delivery Platform for engineering teams that want to confidently release features as fast as they can develop them. Split’s fine-grained management, real-time monitoring, and data-driven experimentation ensure that new features will improve customer experience without breaking or degrading performance. Split ingests performance data and runs real-time statistical analyses on every new feature so that engineering teams can respond immediately to bad releases, measure changes in user experience, and build high-quality software. Engineering teams at Twilio, Salesforce, and WePay trust Split to power their feature delivery.Split is based in Redwood City, California and backed by Accel Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners.