Split Software is on a mission to help product development teams build impactful products. Split’s enterprise feature delivery platform pairs the speed and reliability of feature flags with data to measure the impact of every feature released. Product engineering teams at Twilio, Salesforce, Comcast, QuickenLoans, and JPMorgan Chase (WePay) use Split to reduce software development cycle time, mitigate release risk, and create a data-driven culture to maximize impact. Founded in 2015, Split is based in Redwood City, California with offices in Boston and Argentina. Split is backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners, Accel Partners, and Harmony Partners and more recently backed by Comcast Ventures and M12, Microsoft’s investment arm, Atlassian, and ServiceNow..
Role and Responsibilities
While we’re exceptionally proud of the team and culture we’ve built to-date, we also understand that the next phase of growth will challenge our current hiring and HR infrastructure and test our culture in new ways. We’re looking to hire an experienced People Leader to own everything People related. You will report directly to the CEO and serve as a partner to all levels of the business. You will be a hands on leader with the potential to build on to your small team as the company scales. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the People Team and function by overseeing talent acquisition, onboarding, talent management, succession planning, leadership development, performance, compensation and benefits.
- Design and implement the global people strategy in partnership with the executive team to optimize growth, productivity, and engagement across all offices.
- Create and implement policies/programs (benefits, talent development, compensation, etc.)
- Implement relevant systems and frameworks to develop and scale a world-class HR organization, including data and metrics to drive analysis and decisions related to the people function.
- Develop and own successful learning & development programs and create career path development programs for continued employee growth.
- Own and continue to drive the global DE&I strategy and programs that create a diverse and inclusive work environment
- You have a deep understanding of and enjoy the challenges of growing a remote first company.
- You are an excellent partner to leaders of all levels. You understand when to teach vs. guide and enjoy developing authentic relationships with your colleagues.
- You believe that HR is more than systems and operational best practices.
- You are eager to work with key functions to scale their organizations through recruiting, hiring, and onboarding
- You’re a champion of culture. You value the challenge of defining and growing culture.
- You embody diversity, equity and inclusion as core personal and company values.
- You’re eager to solve complex people problems and love building things from scratch.
- You’re excited about the unbridled optimism and controlled chaos that only a startup can bring.
- You have extensive experience in HR with a focus on remote and/or distributed team building.
Most Critical Personal Characteristics
- Hands-on management style, with orientation around action & results
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of business acumen and strategic thinking.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
What you'll get
- Passionate, smart, and fun people to work with
- Company-wide impact and the ability to shape the next phase of growth
- A competitive salary, benefits package
- Headquarters in the Bay Area with hubs in Boston and Argentina