As a Cloud Engineer you’ll be responsible for designing, building, debugging, tuning and supporting existing and new pieces of infrastructure that are core to Split. We expect you to have strong problem solving skills as well as being independent and self starter, be a great teammate and have an insatiable appetite to learn more. A Cloud Engineer plays a key role in our software development process, working to ensure Split has a strong foundation to run on and that our customers enjoy as fast and reliable experience when using Split, no matter where they are in the world.
- Co-own our overall infrastructure with the rest of our infrastructure team
- Design and implement the infrastructure needed to support our product teams
- Define infrastructure and operational patterns
- Scale our team and infrastructure through automation
- Contribute to meeting our security standards and our compliance requirements
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Knowledge about Containers and orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes, ECS)
- Proficient with bash or other scripting language (e.g. Python, Go)
- Have used and understand CDNs and DNS technologies well.
- Excellent understanding of Internet technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, etc.)
- CI/CD Knowledge.
- Familiarity with general monitoring and logging principles.
- Some knowledge of infrastructure and application security
- Passion for automating repetitive tasks.
- A desire to learn, teach and collaborate with others.
Split is the leading platform for feature experimentation, empowering businesses of all sizes to make smarter product decisions. Companies like Salesforce, GoDaddy and Twilio, rely on Split to securely release new features, target them to customers, and measure the impact of features on their customer experience metrics. Founded in 2015, Split's team comes from some of the most innovative enterprises in Silicon Valley, including Google, LinkedIn, Salesforce and Databricks. Split is based in Redwood City, California and backed by Accel Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners.