This is a direct sales position with a regional geographic territory. As the Inside Sales Representative (“ISR”) you are working in a pod in full alignment with an Account Director, carry an individual quota along with a team quota and are the teammate who defines many contacts’ first impression of Split and you play a critical role in driving these initial conversations into opportunities. You will be responsible for identifying and qualifying both inbound and outbound leads, prospect and develop new customer leads, introduce the Split capabilities, as well as carrying deals through the sales cycle to close. The ISR will be expected to call into various groups within prospective customers, from C-level to managers across IT and the business, and understand the needs of each.
- Participate in a team selling pod, working with an Account Director to carry-out the strategy and tactics for the territory
- Use analytical and selling skills to understand the customer, their business and technology issues and needs
- Create value scenarios with price and packaging options that will provide a return-on-investment for a prospect
- Achieve/exceed annual sales quota
- Qualify leads and sales opportunities and carry a sales cycle from inception to closure
- Direct company resources in pursuit of a winning account strategy
- Prospect and open up new accounts, excellent phone selling skills
- Must LOVE the hunt and the sales process
- Must be a team player
- Candidates should have prior successful business-to-business software sales experience, direct and new business focused and/or a background with economic value creation
- Proven track record of success in creating and managing a robust pipeline of potential new customer base and territory.
- Highly motivated and professional with excellent communication skills, highly confident and goal oriented. Strong organization, multitasking, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, development technologies, and/or analytics a plus.
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility and have a desire to be part of a rapidly growing and fast-paced sales and support organization.
- Experience in software start-up and competitive software sales environments.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Fast learner and at ease with technology
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills required
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
Split is the leading platform for feature experimentation, empowering businesses of all sizes to make smarter product decisions. Companies like Salesforce, Vevo and Twilio, rely on Split to securely release new features, target them to customers, and measure the impact of features on their customer experience metrics. Founded in 2015, Split's team comes from some of the most innovative enterprises in Silicon Valley, including Google, LinkedIn, and Salesforce. Split is based in Redwood City, California and backed by Accel Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Comcast Ventures.