Split is the industry's leading platform for feature experimentation. Our mission is simple - to empower companies to make smarter product decisions. Our platform unifies DevOps and product management, helping agile engineering and product teams accelerate the pace of product delivery and make data-driven decisions. We are currently looking for outstanding sales talent to join our growing team in Redwood City, CA.
This position will play a key role in the growth and expansion of our customer base and market share at Split. As Account Director you will be responsible for taking a lead role in identifying, qualifying, pursuing, winning and closing business opportunities within your territory. The Account Director position drives results across four critical success factors: Customer and Partner Loyalty, Business Results, and Operational Excellence. This position will report to the VP of Global Sales and Customer Success.
- Meet or exceed revenue quota and bookings. Demonstrate outstanding execution track record along sales cycle, ensuring Split’s sales methodologies and common processes are in place, defining clear strategic account engagement guidelines.
- Monitor and take the necessary measures to ensure that you’ve developed an adequate pipeline of opportunities and demand generation for consistent growth within your account portfolio.
- Establish and maintain accurate, timely and documented sales revenue forecasting procedures, providing the required updates to Salesforce and Split executive management. Ensure all of these and other administrative duties are done in a timely fashion i.e. expenses-monthly, Salesforce (CRM system) updated real-time weekly at a minimum, scheduled calls attended, etc.
- Build a network of executive relationships across industry, community and business groups and with key partners and customers.
- Successfully close new business by qualifying opportunities and securing demonstrations/meetings with key decision makers.
- Stay current and informed on all new campaigns, understanding their objectives and relevance, communicating to your sales team and ensuring that all involved know their roles in the successful campaign
- As a strong leader with strong communication skills, facilitate alignment and effective exchanges within the sales team and internal/external partners/customers and promptly resolve any conflict to encourage harmonious and productive interaction
- Demonstrate strong critical analysis and planning skills in reviewing data, understanding trends, preparing and communicating applicable plans
- Provide sales oversight during the implementation process and ensure all customer expectations are met, changes in scope are documented and addressed, and assist as required to promote a successful implementation.
- Manage your existing customer relationships to develop a strong reference base for Split products and services. Assist in the ongoing account management toward the goal of complete customer satisfaction. Work closely with all Split service and support teams to manage through and customer issues or concerns.
- Operate internally and externally as a good team player. Make sure you're working collaboratively at all levels and help align our goals in a positive and constructive manner.
- Continually refine your abilities around complex, consultative selling skills and work with sales management to ensure a training program is instituted as required.
Key Experience and Qualifications
- Ability to clearly demonstrate comfort with senior level meetings and presentations.
- Communication skills – ability to communicate at different levels within partner and end user organizations.
- Manage the sales cycle in a clear and consistent manner with continual buy-in from the customer including setting and communicating agendas, creating clear expectations and the right to ask, sending thank you notes, etc.
- Intellectually curious - the desire to invest time and energy into learning more because you value the learning process and desire to both inspire and be inspired.
- Ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation.
- Credible - ability to establish rapport and gain trust; ability to relate to many different personalities.
- Good team player; understanding of and enthusiasm for collaborative teamwork, and generous in thought and deed.
- Organizational skills – keep an accurate pipeline of current qtr. opportunities as well as building a continual backlog of a future qtr. backlog of 4x bookings objective.
- Ability to manage accounts and territory to meet sales and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Professional – ability to provide executive presence in your strategic accounts representing Split
Split is the leading platform for feature experimentation, empowering businesses of all sizes to make smarter product decisions. Companies like Salesforce, Vevo and Twilio, rely on Split to securely release new features, target them to customers, and measure the impact of features on their customer experience metrics. Founded in 2015, Split's team comes from some of the most innovative enterprises in Silicon Valley, including Google, LinkedIn, Salesforce and Databricks. Split is based in Redwood City, California and backed by Accel Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Comcast Ventures.