US - Remote
We know that engineering teams achieve greater impact from their software development work by deploying frequently, increasing the reliability of each release, and creating customer feedback loops.
At Split we’re revolutionizing that software delivery experience with Impact-Driven Development, allowing developers to focus on the features that solve customer and business problems. Split’s Feature Delivery Platform pairs the speed and reliability of feature flags with data to measure the impact of every feature.
As a Sr. Developer Evangelist at Split, you’ll represent the voice of Split to the developer communities you engage with. You will engage internally with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Success to champion the needs of the community and drive business impact. You will participate in the open-source community and be a key strategic advisor to our overall platform business. Our ideal candidate will have a great stage presence, a body of written work, an existing following on one or more social media platforms, an interest in both software development and DevOps, and deep engineering experience as a full stack developer. You’ll also be excited to partner with and enable engagement from our internal engineers… And great news, we’re a Java shop!
In this role, you will be tapping into your passion for technology and trends to activate the broader developer community. You will use your practitioner experience, creative thinking, communication skills, understanding of DevOps, and experience with data analytics, to help our customers understand why Split is critical to how they build and deliver software and measure outcomes.
- Create interesting educational content for developers in a variety of formats: blog posts, YouTube videos, sample apps, tools, etc.
- Create workshops and other educational content to support Split customers, as well as onboarding and sales enablement processes.
- Speak at conferences and meetups to build Split’s reputation as a thought leader in software development, DevOps, experimentation, and metrics.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to build compelling demos.
- Support and develop community integrations built on top of Split’s API and SDKs
- Create developer-facing documentation and training materials for Split's SDKs and APIs to foster the growth of our developer community.
- Stay on top of emerging trends in our market and ecosystem, keep a pulse on the competition in key usage areas and markets, and communicate your findings to our Product team to inform our product strategy.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on the developer community and champion a high bar for developer experience across our platform, support, and marketing.
- Champion Split’s participation in, and engagement with, the open-source community.
- 7+ years’ experience as a full-stack developer, developer advocate, or in a related role working on deeply technical products at leading technology companies
- Expertise in the entire Java stack, especially Spring and Spring Boot
- Willingness to travel and speak roughly 50% of the time, if and when that becomes viable again
- Experience with DevOps tooling and software testing practices
- Strong technical understanding of REST APIs, HTTP, SDKs
- Deep understanding of developer communities and how to engage them productively
- Solid communication skills - both a strong technical writer and public speaker
- Bonus points for experience with mobile development
- Even more bonus points for Java Champion status