We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to work on performance at scale for Split Data Platform. In this role, you will mainly focus to identify and address performance bottlenecks. Additionally, you will be building and extending Split platform backend features. You will also be building systems to analyze the usage of our products and how we do work, and help us find insights in the data to drive better decisions. Software Engineers at Split have strong problem solving capabilities, are great team players and have great communication skills. You must be a first rate Java programmer with experience designing object oriented code, have experience designing and building REST APIs. .
- Analyze and alleviate performance and scalability issues by making necessary code changes.
- Provide cost optimization alternatives for the production instances going beyond sizing.
- Develop performance and scalability test plans based upon product requirements.
- Co-own and contribute to feature development for Split’s backend stack (Java, Mongo, and/AWS).
- Build data collection for internal data reporting to help drive strategic decisions
- Design, model and build services to support new features and products.
- Own service operation in production, including participating in on call rotation
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience using object-oriented preferably in Java.
- 3+ years of experience building enterprise products using large volume of data.
- Strong fundamentals including multi-threading, and schema design.
- Experience designing and building REST API and service architecture.
- Experience managing data, aggregating it and reporting on it.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, Kafka, Kinesis, Lambda, and Spark or similar).
- Obsession over writing simple, modularized, elegant code that can be easily tested.
- Personable and able to work as a member of small team. Able to contribute to projects with peers in other departments when needed.
- Attention to details with a strong work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated.
- Eagerness to learn quickly about a new product and industry vertical, and to receive constructive feedback to further improve your success in the role.
Split is the leading platform for feature experimentation, empowering businesses of all sizes to make smarter product decisions. Companies like Salesforce, GoDaddy and Twilio, rely on Split to securely release new features, target them to customers, and measure the impact of features on their customer experience metrics. Founded in 2015, Split's team comes from some of the most innovative enterprises in Silicon Valley, including Google, LinkedIn, Salesforce and Databricks. Split is based in Redwood City, California and backed by Accel Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners.