Split is the industry's leading platform for feature delivery. Our mission is simple - to empower companies to make smarter product decisions. Our platform unifies DevOps and product management, helping agile engineering and product teams accelerate the pace of product delivery and make data-driven decisions. We are currently looking for outstanding sales talent to join our growing team.
This Sales Engineer role is the technical face and voice of Split in the DevOps and product management community, driving awareness and adoption of the Split Platform. We are looking for a uniquely talented person to join us as we help companies leverage the power of Split to solve their experimentation challenges. Our team is passionate and focused. We enjoy working with cutting edge technology, but even more so we believe in Split’s ability to truly revolutionize product delivery practices!
The Sales Engineer position drives results across four critical success factors: Customer Satisfaction, Business Results, Technical Leadership and Operational Excellence. As thought leaders in the industry, the Sales Engineer also works to create technical content such as white papers and blog posts, speak at Meetups and conferences, and contribute to Split’s overall position as the leader in feature experimentation. This position will report to the Director of Sales Engineering.
As part of the sales team, this individual will be responsible for assisting in the preparation and delivery of sales presentations, acting as a subject matter expert in all product/service offerings, and driving the sales cycle to closure. Key areas of focus will include: participating in sales appointments, assisting in the preparation of Requests for Proposals, providing guidance and counsel throughout the sales process, and ensuring complete and accurate completion of documentation and contract paperwork in support of agreements. Ongoing consultation with sales, customer success and engineering teams after sales are closed will be critical to ensuring ongoing satisfaction with Split and its products.
- Provide technical pre-sales support to the Split sales teams.
- Drive sales by providing technical sales support and owning the technical closure of opportunities.
- Provide coaching to the Sales team members in the sale of Split products and services to its customers and prospects.
- Through coaching and technical sales, drive sale closure to shorten sales cycle and ensure sales goals and objectives are achieved.
- As part of sales process, play key role in the preparation of Requests for Proposals, designing cost-effective solutions and solving prospect and/or customer challenges.
- Participate in the creation and delivery of high-level face-to-face sales presentations that demonstrate technical knowledge of the latest Split products and services.
- Participate in the design and implementation of post-sales customer success process and activities.
- Analyze customer requirements to understand how Split products and services can be applied to meet their needs and solve their problems.
- Provide customers with solutions that meet their business needs.
- Translate complex technical requirements into information that customers can understand and respond to.
- Keep abreast of competitive landscape and emerging technologies in order to best position Split in the marketplace.
- Respond to requests for bids and proposals by providing fully-documented technical solutions, with diagrams, that clearly outline all technical components of the solution.
- Adhere to all company standards and overall business professionalism.
- Demonstrate regular, consistent, and punctual attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have B2B, enterprise software or SaaS/cloud sales engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and 5-7 years of related experience in technical sales engineering / support role(s) within the software industry
- Strong communication (oral and written), leadership, organizational, presentation, project management and team building skill.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to explain technical concepts to laypersons in simple, understandable terms.
- Consistent focus on results and goal achievement.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, and anticipate and quickly react to changes in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize workload among changing priorities.
- Programming experience:
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and DevOps and product management organizations and strategies.