As an SDK Engineer, you will be responsible for owning the development of several of Split’s SDKs. Engineers at Split have strong problem solving capabilities, are great team players and have great communication skills. For this role we expect you to be proficient at more than one language, with fluency in either Ruby, Java, Node or Python as a requirement. You must be an engineer with an insatiable appetite to learn more. Split engineers are are goal-oriented, have the ability to handle interruptions while fluidly switching between several projects and dealing with issues that arise when running a highly available service.
- Feature development of Split’s SDKs (for instance https://github.com/splitio/ruby-client).
- Actively contribute to additional development platforms supported by Split (https://github.com/splitio).
- Monitor and improve load and performance of SDKs.
- Support our customers, and translate requirements into future product development.
- Experience building high performance SDK applications.
- 4+ years of experience building software.
- Obsession over writing simple, elegant code that can be easily tested.
- Knowledge of concurrency and threading in several VMs.
- Willingness to learn new programming languages.
- Personable and able to work as a member of a small team. Able to contribute to projects with peers in other departments when needed.
- Attention to details with a strong work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated, good sense of urgency.
- Eagerness to learn quickly about a new product and industry vertical, and to receive constructive feedback to further improve your success in the role.