Split is committed to power the world's product decisions and enabling engineering and product to release features quickly and safely. As a Data Infrastructure and Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for building massively scalable, low latency, elegant systems that turn billions of data points per day into meaningful data streams to delight our customers with relevant information. You will also help shaping our customer features and experience through the building of our application backend, working on all our experimentation and measurement features. Split engineers have strong problem solving capabilities, are great team players and have great communication skills. They are goal-oriented, have the ability to handle interruptions while fluidly switching between several projects and dealing with issues that arise when running a highly available service. As with all engineering positions at Split, we are not looking for those who code the fastest, but those who find a balance between creating code from scratch and leveraging existing frameworks and technologies to deliver the best value to our customers.
- Build distributed, high-volume data pipelines to power new product features based on analytics and statistics.
- Use cutting edge technologies like Spark, AWS, Snowflake and other modern technologies.
- Model several streams of data into different storage formats like parquet to enable different statistical calculations.
- Collaborating with data scientists, designers, product managers, software engineers, and customers to build an amazing data experience.
- Improve overall data pipeline performance and address scalability limits.
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company.
- Build backend to get inputs and deliver the results to our customers
- Own service operation in production, including participating in on call rotation
- BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field.
- Experience building and operating data pipelines at scale for real customers in production systems.
- Fluent in several programming languages (Java, Scala, Go or others).
- You enjoy wrangling huge amounts of data and exploring new data sets.
- Experience in building APIs and backend services to power our application and drive value to our customer
- Obsession over writing simple, elegant code that can scale and be easily tested.
- Data driven in making decisions and using scientific methods like experimentation
- Clear communication, capable of working in a distributed team
- Personable and able to work as a member of small team. Able to contribute to projects with peers in other departments when needed.
- Attention to details with a strong work ethic, desire to continuously improve and be challenged, self-driven and motivated.
- Eagerness to learn quickly about a new product and industry vertical, and to receive constructive feedback to further improve your success in the role.
Split is the leading platform for feature experimentation, empowering businesses of all sizes to make smarter product decisions. Companies like Salesforce, GoDaddy and Twilio, rely on Split to securely release new features, target them to customers, and measure the impact of features on their customer experience metrics. Founded in 2015, Split's team comes from some of the most innovative enterprises in Silicon Valley, including Google, LinkedIn, Salesforce and Databricks. Split is based in Redwood City, California and backed by Accel Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners.