- Lead feature development for Split’s backend stack (Java 11, Mongo, AWS).
- Build distributed, high-throughput, real-time platform and application services.
- Build infrastructure needed to support our API-first platform.
- Design, model and build services to support new features and products.
- Own service operation in production, including participating in on call rotation.
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Experience designing object-oriented code, preferably in Java.
- Experience designing and building REST API and service architecture.
- Experience building and debugging scalable and reliable distributed systems in a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, Kinesis, Lambda, and Spark or similar).
- Obsession over writing simple, modularized, elegant code that can be easily tested.
- Personable and able to work as a member of small team. Able to contribute to projects with peers in other departments when needed.
- Attention to details with a strong work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated.
- Eagerness to learn quickly about a new product and industry vertical, and to receive constructive feedback to further improve your success in the role.
Split was founded in 2015 with a team that had built the tools that made it possible for companies like LinkedIn and Salesforce to deliver great features. Since then we've helped hundreds of customers, including dozens of the Global 2000, achieve the same results.
Split provides an industry-leading Feature Delivery Platform. We pair the speed and reliability of feature flags with data to measure the impact of every feature. Split reduces development time, mitigates release risk, and quantifies impact, so engineering teams at companies like Twilio, Salesforce, and WePay are freed to solve customer and business problems.