- Lead feature development for Split’s backend stack (Java8, Mongo, and/AWS).
- Build distributed, high-throughput, real-time platform and application services.
- Build infrastructure needed to support our API-first platform.
- Design, model and build services to support new features and products.
- Own service operation in production, including participating in on call rotation
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Experience designing object-oriented code, preferably in Java.
- Experience designing and building REST API and service architecture.
- Experience building and debugging scalable and reliable distributed systems in a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, Kinesis, Lambda, and Spark or similar).
- Obsession over writing simple, modularized, elegant code that can be easily tested.
- Personable and able to work as a member of small team. Able to contribute to projects with peers in other departments when needed.
- Attention to details with a strong work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated.
- Eagerness to learn quickly about a new product and industry vertical, and to receive constructive feedback to further improve your success in the role.
Split is the leading platform for feature experimentation, empowering businesses of all sizes to make smarter product decisions. Companies like Salesforce, GoDaddy and Twilio, rely on Split to securely release new features, target them to customers, and measure the impact of features on their customer experience metrics. Founded in 2015, Split's team comes from some of the most innovative enterprises in Silicon Valley, including Google, LinkedIn, Salesforce and Databricks. Split is based in Redwood City, California and backed by Accel Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners.