Splice’s Content team is responsible for creating the building blocks of music creation. They aim to provide musicians with unprecedented access to the world’s best collaborative content. From LA's iconic Sound Factory, Anguilla's Music Academy studios, London's Tileyard, Studio Laboutique in Dakar, and field recordings of Icelandic glaciers, they record the world, then make it available to musicians everywhere. They work closely with artists, sound designers, vocalists, instrumentalists, field recordists, and more to create the world’s best, most comprehensive library.
The team is looking for a data analyst to help add structure to hard questions, develop actionable insights and recommendations in support of large strategic business initiatives, forecast the impact of given projects, and empower their team of musicians to marry their creativity with data. This position is fully remote, based in the US, and reports to the VP, Content.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What you’ll do:
- Engage with the Content and XFN leadership teams to understand business strategy, questions, and goals.
- Bring structure to sometimes ambiguous creative questions.
- Provide tactical and strategic guidance to peers.
- Perform analyses of historical data as needed to surface trends and insights.
- Rigorously document and evangelize your work.
- Develop, own, and manage recurring analytic or reporting processes.
- Prepare and deliver expert-level visualizations and internal presentations that translate analytic insights into tangible, actionable solutions.
- Monitor team KPIs and socialize them across the team and the greater organization on a regular basis.
- Build business cases for increased tracking with technical teams.
- Work with our team of creatives to translate learnings into action.
- Build forecasting models driven by customer behavior, then recommend actions to meet goals.
What we’re looking for:
- Adept at presenting information with narrative.
- Proficient in Looker.
- Five (5) years of experience in a related role.
- Experience partnering with technical teams to drive business impact (i.e., PMs, Data Scientists).
- You don’t mind working through complicated scenarios with no clear path toward a finish line.
- You communicate with confidence, poise, and prioritize authentic connections with colleagues.
- Ideally, someone who understands music production or loves music.
In accordance with New York law, the salary range for this role if filled within New York is $102,500 - $127,500. The range for the position in other geographies may vary based on market differences. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Splice is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to any protected characteristic under applicable law.