We're looking for a customer focused, detail-oriented Senior Analytics Engineer to join our team and help business leaders across the organization use high-quality data in their everyday decision-making. You'll do this by using your technical expertise and business acumen to translate data needs into well-specified projects, working with the data warehouse and our business intelligence tooling. The ideal candidate will be a strategic partner, not just a ticket-taker, and help us continually improve how we think about and use data at Splice.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly with stakeholders across the organization to understand business priorities and build models to support critical decision making
- Create clean data models from new data sources while balancing cost, performance, and maintainability
- Manage ETL provider: add new connectors, manage cost, work with customer service to troubleshoot quality issues
- Continually improve design of data warehouse that services both business intelligence and data science needs
- Optimize existing models to improve both cost & time performance, considering access patterns of data exposed through BI tooling
- Identify tables that would benefit from being incrementally built and assess when it's worth the maintenance tradeoff
- Monitor data quality and write tests and documentation while developing new models
- Perform ad hoc analysis when necessary while working with business intelligence lead to improve self-service capability
What we’re looking for:
- Deep experience writing analytical SQL that is performant and maintainable
- Experience diving deep with business leaders and being a strategic partner in using data for decision making
- Strong understanding of subscription business and financial data
- Demonstrated experience working with hundreds of tables and billions of records in a cloud data warehouse, ideally BigQuery or Snowflake
- Experience building reports and dashboards, both using business intelligence tooling and code when necessary
- Experience developing and evolving data models to support a changing business over a multi-year timescale
- General programming experience, ideally in Python or Scala, and software development best practices like version control and testing
Nice to haves:
- Looker and LookML experience
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
In accordance with New York law, the salary range for this role if filled within New York is $175,000 - $200,000. The range for the position in other geographies may vary based on market differences. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law.