Splice’s Content team is responsible for creating the building blocks of music creation. We aim to provide musicians with unprecedented access to the world’s best collaborative content. From LA's iconic Sound Factory, Anguilla's Music Academy studios, and London's Tileyard to local studios in Dakar and field recordings of Icelandic glaciers, we record the world, then make it available to musicians everywhere. We work closely with artists, sound designers, vocalists, instrumentalists, field recordists and more to create the world’s best, most comprehensive library.
We are in search of a highly analytical, creative, experienced Sr. Merchandising Manager to manage our Merchandising team and oversee seasonal and scheduled content release strategies. The position is fully remote, based in the US, and reports to the VP, Content.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What You’ll Do:
As a Sr. Manager, Merchandising you will be collaborating across several groups of people within your team and outside it to:
- Partner with our Product team to drive technical change
- Join the Content leadership team, helping to drive strategy across the entire team
- Manage a team of 4
- Curate a frictionless, inspiring marketplace that uplifts musicians
- Schedule Sounds content
- Broadcast happenings and updates to all internal partners
- Help direct the efforts of our various sub-teams through deep dives into data, yielding strategy and modeling potential outcomes
- Align with brand vision, financial targets while leveraging analytics around category sales, customer behavior and distinct audiences
- Build forecasting models driven by customer behavior, then recommend actions to meet goals.
What we’re looking for:
- 5 Years experience in a Merchandising or Ecommerce role
- 5 Years experience in people management, with proven success in motivating, growing, supporting and advocating for your direct reports
- Experience partnering with technical teams to drive business impact (ie., PMs, Data Scientists)
- You are data literate and use data to back all decisions
- A player and a coach. You have experience managing and growing individuals, giving candid feedback but are able to and excited to be in the weeds as well
- You communicate with confidence, poise, and prioritize authentic connections with colleagues
- Adept at presenting information and storytelling
Nice to haves
- There are no specific degree requirements for this role: we appreciate and seek out diverse backgrounds. Instead of any particular formal education requirement, we’ll flesh out what you’ve built, what you know, and how you approach problem solving.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
In accordance with New York law, the salary range for this role if filled within New York is $110,500 - $149,500. The range for the position in other geographies may vary based on market differences. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law