*Please note this position is hybrid and requires 2 days in the office a week*
We are seeking an energetic and detail-oriented Business Intelligence Lead to collaborate with our Finance, Data, Product, and Marketing teams in driving the strategic growth of Splice. This impactful and highly visible position involves direct communication with our C-suite. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of curiosity and conviction, with a focus on uncovering insights that can enhance our business. A proven leader, the candidate will have experience influencing company-level strategy by analyzing business metrics and presenting results to senior stakeholders in a clear and concise manner. Responsibilities include identifying trends, assessing risks, and answering key questions about our business drivers and opportunities. As the first Business Intelligence professional at Splice, you will establish best practices for this function and eventually coach and mentor future members of the team.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What you'll do:
- Be a key collaborator with colleagues across Product, Marketing, Finance, and Data
- Deeply understand company priorities and measure the results of business initiatives in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Work with data scientists and engineers to identify data sources, establish data-quality checks, and create scalable reports to ensure data integrity and flag and troubleshoot data-quality issues.
- Monitoring, maintaining, and improving existing dashboards to meet our quality standards, developing impactful analysis to improve overall business performance and identify growth opportunities, and presenting data-backed recommendations to leadership and cross-functional partners.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in data-driven roles requiring analytical rigor, such as Analytics, Business Operations, Consulting, Finance
- Experience with analytical SQL (BigQuery, Snowflake, AWS Athena, or similar).
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and the ability to handle large datasets with ease.
- Hands-on familiarity with self-service product-analytics tools like Looker, Mixpanel, Amplitude, or Heap.
- Proficient in at least one programming language typically used for data analysis. Ideally Python.
- Strong skills in data visualization using the above tools.
- Ability to analyze unstructured data and extract insights to provide actionable business recommendations.
- High standards of accuracy, integrity, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making and creative problem-solving skills.
- Passion for defining and documenting BI processes and best practices to share with the team.
- Knowledge of SaaS business metrics and models.
- Passion for uncovering levers and growing the business through financial analysis.
Nice to haves:
There are no specific degree requirements for this role: we appreciate and seek out diverse backgrounds. Instead of any particular formal education or years-of-experience requirements, we’ll evaluate your skills, experience, and problem-solving approach. As a company that serves musicians and producers, some knowledge of the music-production process is an asset. If you are not familiar with this topic, we encourage you to be open to learning about it.
In accordance with New York law, the salary range for this role if filled within New York is $153,500 - $178,500. The range for the position in other geographies may vary based on market differences. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Splice is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to any protected characteristic under applicable law.