We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented Business Intelligence Lead to work with our Finance, Data, Product, and Marketing teams to support the strategic growth of Splice. This is a highly visible and impactful role with direct communication to our C-suite. This role requires someone who is highly curious and operates with steadfast conviction to uncover insights that can improve our business. The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with experience influencing company-level strategy through synthesizing business metrics and results in a concise and digestible manner for senior stakeholders. You will be responsible for identifying trends, uncovering risks, and answering questions about key drivers and opportunities for our business. As our first Business Intelligence professional, you will establish best practices for this function at Splice, and eventually coach and mentor future members of this team.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What You’ll Do:
- You will function as key collaborator with colleagues – in Product, Marketing, Finance, and Data – to become deeply aware of company priorities so you can measure the results of business initiatives in a timely and comprehensive way
- You will collaborate with data scientists and engineers to identify data sources, devise data-quality checks, and build scalable reports, so you can ensure data integrity and consistency and flag and troubleshoot data-quality issues
- You will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and improving existing dashboards to meet our quality standards
- You will develop succinct and impactful analysis to help improve overall business performance and size key growth opportunities
- You will present and communicate data-backed recommendations to leadership and cross-functional partners
What we’re looking for:
- Strong experience with analytical SQL (ideally BigQuery, Snowflake, AWS Athena, or similar).
- Advanced user of Excel, and adept at handling large datasets.
- Hands-on experience with self-service product-analytics tools (e.g., Looker, Mixpanel, Amplitude, Heap).
- Regular user of a programming language typically used for data analysis (ideally Python).
- Strong experience in data visualization techniques using the above tools.
- 5+ years of experience in roles requiring data organization and analytical rigor (e.g. Analytics, Business Operations, Consulting, Finance, etc.)
- Ability to analyze unstructured data and extract insights to provide business recommendations
- High standards of accuracy with unquestionable integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent decision-making and creative problem-solving skills
- Motivated to define BI process, build documentation, and disseminate best practices
- Knowledge of SaaS business metrics and models
- Passion for uncovering levers and growing the business through financial analysis
- Extreme attention to detail, organized, and resourceful
Nice to haves:
- There are no specific degree requirements for this role: we appreciate and seek out diverse backgrounds. Instead of any particular formal education or years-of-experience requirements, we’ll flesh out what you’ve built, what you know, and how you approach problem solving.
- As a company that serves musicians and producers, some knowledge of the music-production process is an asset. If this topic is new to you that’s okay, you should be open to learning about it.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
In accordance with New York law, the salary range for this role if filled within New York is $153,500 - $178,500. The range for the position in other geographies may vary based on market differences. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law.