Splice is looking for a seasoned Senior UX/UI Designer to envision the future of how creators of all abilities create music! UX Designers at Splice are integral to the way we build products people love. We work with other designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, customer experience associates, data scientists, and others to design, prototype, test, build, measure, and iterate on new and existing products. You’ll use the written word, paper sketches, prototype code—whatever it takes—to communicate your ideas and to shape the future of music production.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What you’ll do:
- Envision the next generation of user interfaces for creator experiences
- Sketch, wireframe, prototype, design, and deliver high-fidelity visuals and interactions
- Facilitate design projects from problem definition to production and beyond
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and others to drive projects forward and contribute to the overall direction of your area
- Leverage UXR and analytics to validate and evaluate design solution effectiveness
- Participate and provide feedback in design reviews
- Help other designers grow their skills by providing mentorship
- Participate in design candidate interviews
What we're looking for:
- You have 5+ years of experience working as a UX/UI Designer
- You have experience authoring and managing design systems
- You have experience with UI micro-interactions and motion
- You have a demonstrated ability to turn abstract ideas into high-quality designs
- You have a portfolio showcasing a history of high-quality work
- You can clearly articulate your design decisions and the problems you’re solving
- You’re self-actualizing. You take ownership of your work and responsibility for every last detail
- You’re humble; ready to provide, receive, and incorporate actionable feedback
- You’re well versed in music and have a love for creator culture
- You can prototype and/or build your work with code
- You have experience working at high-growth organizations
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
For NYC, the expected salary range for this position is between $142,500.00 - $167,500.00. The range for the position in other geographies may vary based on market differences. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law.