About the Role
As Head of Design, your primary responsibility will be the creative direction and product design for our global subscription platform, our plugin store, and our creator tools that are defining the future of music creation. You’ll partner with our SVP, Technology to inspire, manage, mentor, and grow Splice’s diverse Product Design team and their work across our entire platform. As we move into the most important moment in our history, you’ll help ensure quality and best practices throughout the organization and work with Researchers, Data Scientists, Engineers, musicians, and others to help millions of music creators around the world make more diverse music.
Music starts at Splice. As a collection of artists, producers, creators and collaborators, Splice sweats every detail involved in the creative process. From our expansive library of content, to the tools we provide, to our company work culture, we’re constantly evolving towards being the best advocates for our artists and employees. If you work at Splice you’ll be asked, “what does music mean to you?” That’s because music is at the core of everything we do. It’s why we hire trailblazers to help us solve problems, navigate uncharted territory, and change the industry for the better. It’s why we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and collaborate with to ensure that we’re growing towards a more inclusive and open minded reality. And it’s why we hold ourselves accountable for our part in shaping music creation.
What You’ll Do:
- Inspire, manage, mentor and grow our existing diverse product design team
- Communicate the power of product design throughout the technology org, with other leaders, and cross functionally across the company
- Create and foster a design culture of collaboration and feedback
- Foster a best in class product design process and design system
- Develop and implement product design strategy and architecture
- Attract and recruit fantastic diverse talent
What we’re looking for:
- 12+ years designing digital products
- 8+ years managing a design team
- A history of instilling a design culture within a strong product organization?
- Experience managing and growing a design team to 10+ people
- Experience successfully mentoring designers
- Experience working cross functionally with marketing, brand, finance, operations, content, engineering, and product management
In accordance with New York law, the salary range for this role if filled within New York is $170,000.00 - $220,000.00
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.