Splice is seeking an exceptional Director to lead our People Operations function who will enable us to efficiently scale over the next several years. You will own the strategy and implementation of key processes, programs, and policies that enable the People team to operate effectively and deliver a world-class employee experience.
This is a unique opportunity to drive impact at Splice at an inflection point where our focus is on creating a high performance culture, enabling and empowering our employees to do their best work, and on embedding diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our entire ecosystem.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What You’ll Do?
- You will shape the overall People Operations strategy and operating model. Designing, deploying and optimizing processes and programs to support a scalable People team with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion. This will initially include but is not limited to creating key processes/programs around: HR Operations, Total Rewards (Comp and Benefits), Employee Communications, HR Technology, and Workplace Experience (Return to Office + Office Experience).
- You will build out a multi-tiered Learning & Development program to foster employee growth at all levels, including Executive, Manager, All-Company IC’s and Advanced IC’s.
- You will help drive our Employee Engagement Strategy and inform decision making by owning our Annual Engagement Survey + Quarterly Pulse Surveys. Including: creation and distribution of survey, aggregation of data, cascading communication, informing decisions and driving action based on findings.
- You will design and implement technology-enabled processes that drive efficiency for the People team as well as Splice employees. You will work closely with cross-functional partners such as Recruiting, HRBP, Finance, Legal and Communications to define objectives and success metrics.
- You will shape the strategy for Total Rewards. You will work with the Executive team to ensure our total rewards strategy remains competitive, annually reviewing all aspects of compensation, benefits and perks.
- You combine a strategic mindset with a relentless focus on execution. You are adept at translating high level business strategy into implementation plans that ensure high quality execution.
- You’ll do what it takes to get the job done while simultaneously figuring out ways to automate, reduce friction, and increase quality.
- You have a strong understanding of HR fundamentals. You understand the technical side of HR, such as compliance and employment law requirements. You are familiar with data privacy laws, US wage & hour and employment laws, GDPR, country regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
- You’re an expert at HR systems
- You are experienced in developing HR solutions for a global company (e.g. working with local international partners to ensure compliance with international laws/regulations)
- You have an eye for detail while keeping the 30,000 foot view in mind. You pride yourself on accuracy and precision.
- You are an expert at designing and implementing systems and processes that scale. You are a systems thinker and easily connect the dots between need and technological solution.
- You have demonstrated success in driving large cross-functional initiatives for which there wasn’t a pre-existing playbook
- You’re a strong collaborator and communicator. You proactively build cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the company. You are effective at driving outcomes and change even without direct authority.
- You love measuring impact and managing ambitious goals. You’re effective at setting clear goals and measuring the impact of initiatives.
- A minimum of 7 years of work experience, with 3-5 years of experience in designing, developing, and leading the execution of people operations strategy.
- Prior experience leading People Ops or key functions within that team in 500+ employee organizations preferred
- Personally compelled and inspired by Splice’s mission; individuals specifically interested in music, creator spaces, or unlocking opportunities for others thrive.
- Prior experience in mid to late-stage tech start-up space
- Extensive experience building innovative, forward-thinking, business focused global HR and talent strategies that contribute to a strong high performing culture.
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters in HR or MBA is a bonus
- Management experience
- PHR/SPHR certifications a plus!
- Knowledge/experience in the HRBP space a plus
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options
- 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Employee Discount on select Splice products/services
- Employee Resource Groups
- Professional External Coaching
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Equal Opportunity Employer: